Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm having a day off testing today (getting withdrawal symptoms already!) I have sore and bruised finger tips. They need a rest.

Reactions: 4 people

Bev18

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wouldn't you think they'd have invented another way of testing instead of everything involving needles. Like a glucose breathalyser.

Reactions: 3 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
I bet McCoy could have done it on Star Trek with his tricorder. Even with Spock.

Reactions: 4 people

Bev18

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And I've just myself a needlestick injury. I put the cover back on the pen needle to throw in sharps bin but somehow missed and the needle went sideways through the cover. Of course it bled so easy and noise have a sore index finger. Doh

Reactions: 2 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
5.9 could do better. Trying to forget about the chips last night.

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
And I've just myself a needlestick injury. I put the cover back on the pen needle to throw in sharps bin but somehow missed and the needle went sideways through the cover. Of course it bled so easy and noise have a sore index finger. Doh
I've done that a few times, **** it hurts!

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.7 for me. I was up and about before test and also painful night so I'm not too concerned. Yesterday was stressful too with ex husband shenanigans!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Positive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 not surprised late dinner at 9 pm (ommeltte and friend mushroom with butter) and no walk before dinner.

flashy158

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
13..8 with no brekky or coffee, seems to be sticking around that number for the last few days.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 at 6.45 this morning then 7.1 after 45 minutes walk, moderate pace (still fasting)

Reactions: 3 people

julifriend

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.5 before bed last night and 5.0 after my shower this morning. That's my lowest morning reading. :)

Reactions: 5 people

Ruth B

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.6 yesterday and today, on both days I could test straight after getting up and putting my contacts in, so it looks like that half hour of getting things ready on a week day puts it up by about 1 point. At least I am starting to get some readings in place so I can start to see what I react to.

Bev18

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yeay 6.9 it's a strange thing this diabetes , makes no sense at all. But my before bed readings are between 11 and 12 but think I need 4 or 5 hours for insulin to reduce my sugars, the nurse did wonder about moving me to analogue as its faster acting I believe. Eg have tea about 6pm, and usually go to bed about 9pm, sometimes 10pm , I get up at 6am for work.

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
10. this morning but 5.4 last thing last night. DP?

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 this morning. Went to bed on 6.3 which is higher than I like - should have got on exercise bike after supper but got distracted.

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
4.6 this morning - happy happy happy!. hope it's not a one off! Especially seeing as I have been enjoying some weekend eating and drinking:joyful:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning. Went to bed on 6.6.

Oh and happy bunny, lost another 2lb. BMI now 25.4. :)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
3.8 this morning.

There are some happy posters this morning, with improved scores. I wonder if being a (relaxed ?) Sunday has any impact for those in that happy camp?

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.