Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spirits

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.1 this morning

I'm trying without my 1 x 500 metformin for the next two weeks. Didn't take it with my evening meal last night, for first time. Nurse suggested I try.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

hope all works out for you just be careful when your not taking the meds you do not experience any sudden changes with sugar or health take time and if all is still going great for you that's a positive bonus, big hugs x and fingers crossed it works

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
woke up today with the 7 figure and bit later a higher result, and i know the food i ate before i went to bed was not anything artificial or processed same this morning and the levels still up so i am working on it still and i hope all who are succeeding with there positive sugar levels keeping them low to norm is great news and keep up the good work and those still working on there's to get it to the norm good luck and best thing to do keep a food diary what you eat and drink, see what is making the sugars go up, eliminate one thing from the food you ate to make it got up, to see which one is causing it once you find out what food or drink causing it you can take that food or drink out your meal,plus always put time date plus sugar result in the diary with the food and drink you ate so you can keep the record easy to review and manage it does work i know salad cream makes my sugar go up so i have rid that out my food intake,no more salad cream so i and doing the same with everything else,hope this works for you to.
Blimey, that's a lot of words in one sentence - did you come up for air Spirits?! :wideyed:

Reactions: 2 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

But I was up and moving about lots before testing

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Ruth B

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.1 this morning, which might sound bad but is the lowest weekday reading yet (its been less than a week). My scales were also showing another half kg drop in weight, so all in all a good start to the day.

Reactions: 3 people

gfmoore

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
9 !! My metformin experiment is proving to be a problem. :(

@spirits Thanks for the comments. My Sat night chinese is my off plan decision (at the moment.) When on the meds It peaked a little, but was okay by sun night.- I cut the rice right down, but take your point about sugar - I have roast pork satay and shredded duck starter. No, my problem I think was the high strength lager which I used to enjoy and had planned to drink - I've been off alcohol for three months, just the rare treat.

To be honest I didn't really enjoy the lager as much as I had hoped - I could really taste the sweetness, yuk:(, a vodka and diet coke seems a bit nicer.

Plus watching England (not) play football made me sick as well.

Perhaps the lchf diet is re-educating my taste buds. I used to like eating after dinner choccy biscuits, twix, rocky's etc. Not had one of those for 5 weeks now.

Reactions: 4 people

paulins

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Feeling I can never eat anything sweet again or anything with carbs. But thought of diabetes complications scares me more so it is a no brainer!
5.1 for me. I am determined to get it into the 4s though and hope to hit my own fat reduction threshhold soon which may help me to achieve this! 40 hard minutes on treadmill last night.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No, my problem I think was the high strength lager which I used to enjoy and had planned to drink - I've been off alcohol for three months, just the rare treat.

To be honest I didn't really enjoy the lager as much as I had hoped - I could really taste the sweetness, yuk:(, a vodka and diet coke seems a bit nicer.

Perhaps the lchf diet is re-educating my taste buds. I used to like eating after dinner choccy biscuits, twix, rocky's etc. Not had one of those for 5 weeks now.

I think a lot of people find this. Your taste buds have changed and sweet becomes just too sweet.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A whopping 6.8 this morning after a really bad night of panic attacks and time of the month turning up.

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 at 6:37
5.6 at 7.11

Perhaps I shouldn't have had that slice of cheese and handful of almonds before bed. I don't normally but I had a lot of calories in hand.

spirits

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
9 !! My metformin experiment is proving to be a problem. :(

@spirits Thanks for the comments. My Sat night chinese is my off plan decision (at the moment.) When on the meds It peaked a little, but was okay by sun night.- I cut the rice right down, but take your point about sugar - I have roast pork satay and shredded duck starter. No, my problem I think was the high strength lager which I used to enjoy and had planned to drink - I've been off alcohol for three months, just the rare treat.

Plus watching England (not) play football made me sick as well.

sos sorry for my late reply, it must be very difficult for you sometimes having to give up things you like to eat or drink, i know how that feels,and i know reminding myself what messes my sugars up it is suffer if i have anything i gave up or keep at arms length and get better, I hope you get through this and succeed in being better off with a food you enjoy that will not send your sugars crazy, big hugs x

spirits

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hope all works out for you just be careful when your not taking the meds you do not experience any sudden changes with sugar or health take time and if all is still going great for you that's a positive bonus, big hugs x and fingers crossed it works

sorry for my late reply, it was too much of a sentence i know hahahah

Bev18

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
9.3 today it must be that dawn thing, woke up at 4 went to the loo had 10 .minute chat with hubby while he was getting ready for work then snoozed till alarm went off at 6, stupid liver must have thought oh she's awake. Dsn suggested increasing acting insulin to 22u with t the aim to get and stay below 7 in the morning so last night was a first night on 22u so maybe Will be better tomorrow.

julifriend

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A rather high 5.9 for me this morning immediately before breakfast, but the real puzzle came a little later. I had my usual granola for breakfast and 150g of fresh pineapple. I thought i'd test after 2 hours to see what impact the pineapple had had and got a 4.2. Somewhat puzzled I tested again a further 30 minutes later and got a 3.6. Most odd as I had thought pineapple was a risky fruit to eat.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A rather high 5.9 for me this morning immediately before breakfast, but the real puzzle came a little later. I had my usual granola for breakfast and 150g of fresh pineapple. I thought i'd test after 2 hours to see what impact the pineapple had had and got a 4.2. Somewhat puzzled I tested again a further 30 minutes later and got a 3.6. Most odd as I had thought pineapple was a risky fruit to eat.

I would imagine it peaked much earlier than 2 hours. It is quite a high GI so quick release. The GI is 66, which is higher than a banana.

Status
Not open for further replies.