Doctor rant..

Kelsie

The way you have been treated is disgusting! I was diagnosed July last year and spent the day at the hospital (on day if diagnosis) being spoken to by a consultant, diabetic nurse, diabetic equipment person and a dietician. The diabetic nurse then phoned me daily for the next 10 days to discuss insulin and BG levels and was seen by the GP and nurse at month intervals then three month intervals. I cannot fault the treatment I've had, I can call the diabetic centre at the Plymouth hospital at any time to ask for advice etc.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 3 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Thats hood treatment Kelsie.. Far better than a lot are getting. Really pleased you got good treatment...

Nicko2K

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah that sounds great. Thats the kind of thing i was expecting to happen here. Maybe if you dont ask you dont get lol..

Type 1 Diabetic: (Novorapid/Levemir) Diagnosed 2014: Extremely handsome: Always smiling :)

crunchieice

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You need doctors for insulin and tests. That's it really...I was alone too. I read book after book...it really helped.

My advice would be to keep a diary. Monitor your blood sugars, what you ate and what you did that day....everything effects your body, but only you will know HOW it effects it. Keep in tune and try not to stress too much. Take care :)