Same question again...

• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date

iHs

If it helps to make you feel better a Nicola, I was about 25 when I got sciatica.

Can you swim at all? If so, doing the breast stroke and kicking legs like a frog can help to make the discs move apart from the nerve.

cally

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have low back pain which becomes excruciating at times! It usually occurs when I do something that involves bending and twisting and I find it hard to move or stand up straight sometimes.
I find that 10mgs Amitriptyline helps me sleep at these times and I take a mix of Cocodamol and ibuprofen for the pain. But of course Cocodamol has other side effects.
My GP refuses to send me for an MRI scan and has not been very sympathetic at all. He just tells me the best thing is to go back to work and get on with it!!

D

Deleted member 83869

If it helps to make you feel better a Nicola, I was about 25 when I got sciatica.

Can you swim at all? If so, doing the breast stroke and kicking legs like a frog can help to make the discs move apart from the nerve.
Not a very strong swimmer but i guess i could try it again. X

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

D

Deleted member 83869

I have low back pain which becomes excruciating at times! It usually occurs when I do something that involves bending and twisting and I find it hard to move or stand up straight sometimes.
I find that 10mgs Amitriptyline helps me sleep at these times and I take a mix of Cocodamol and ibuprofen for the pain. But of course Cocodamol has other side effects.
My GP refuses to send me for an MRI scan and has not been very sympathetic at all. He just tells me the best thing is to go back to work and get on with it!!
Mine's all the time and doesnt go away :( I'd say go to a different gp! For another opinion! X

D

Deleted member 83869

You can do damage by lifting a heavy weight. Worse still is lifting and twisting which causes more damage to the discs. I can't urge you enough to go back to the dr and tell her about the numbness, it could cause permanent damage. You are young and you really don't want to be left with problems for the rest of your life. If all else fails go to the hospital .

You are right that drugs won't help, they may give you a bit of relief for a short time, but be aware that they could cause you further problems if you are on them for a long time.
Okay would hospital give me pain relief then??

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Hi that's shocking for your GP to say 'My GP refuses to send me for an MRI scan and has not been very sympathetic at all. He just tells me the best thing is to go back to work and get on with it!![/QUOTE] I would say, get another opinion for another GP, or keep pestering your GP and tell him you will get a private consultation (with a possible diagnosis) and the final bill will be sent to him!!:eek: see how he likes that. There is a reason why we have pain, it's to tell us that something is wrong:inpain: and then to find out what it is with a successful diagnosis and then treatment. Good luck.

Reactions: 2 people
D

Deleted member 83869

Hi that's shocking for your GP to say 'My GP refuses to send me for an MRI scan and has not been very sympathetic at all. He just tells me the best thing is to go back to work and get on with it!!
I would say, get another opinion for another GP, or keep pestering your GP and tell him you will get a private consultation (with a possible diagnosis) and the final bill will be sent to him!!:eek: see how he likes that. There is a reason why we have pain, it's to tell us that something is wrong:inpain: and then to find out what it is with a successful diagnosis and then treatment. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

That was similar to the first GP I saw he didnt want to listen and just said it was muscle pain and put me on naproxen, went back a month after and he said no just keep taking them! It wasn't until my actual GP came back off from being sick that she started taking me seriously and sent me for an xray and referred me to orthopaedics!!

MrsB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you tried seeing a chiropractor? My mum has sciatica and got the epidural which was ok but only lasted a few weeks. She then saw a chiropractor and it helped a lot

D

Deleted member 83869

Have you tried seeing a chiropractor? My mum has sciatica and got the epidural which was ok but only lasted a few weeks. She then saw a chiropractor and it helped a lot

Nope costs too much money....wont cure the bulging disc anyway would it?

mch1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Try aloe vera juice from forever living, my better half has been in agony with arthritis and she has had relief with the liquid and gel