Tight control of T2 is too expensive for the NHS

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I noticed someone put up a post on the research that "shows" this
I have written to the GP in Banbury who wrote this. I pointed out to him that a low carb diet doesn't cost the NHS anything. Of coursee I've not had an answer.

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Hana,

Agreed the low carb approach does not cost the NHS anything, but it costs GPs their credibility.

Can you imagine what it would do to the public's opinion of GPs if they were to announce that the advice they have been giving to diabetics for decades was wrong? For that reason alone I doubt that we will ever see an official recognition of the success of carb reduction, despite the many GPs who privately agree it is the right way to go.

sixfoot

Not to mention that they get paid for putting you on Statins etc for the high cholesterol etc that you get from eating the healthy plate diet like the good citizen you are. Please think of the economy.

Dave P

Trinkwasser

While looking for something else I saw this repeated several times in current NICE advice

• avoid pursuing highly intensive management to levels of less
than 6.5%.

Obviously if you die early they will save money, pensions too.

The bar stewards!

popps

Maybe they have a secret pact with the funeral directors. Keep up the good work, Trink. Am I mistaken or is your sense of humour getting drier :?:

Trinkwasser

popps said:
Maybe they have a secret pact with the funeral directors. Keep up the good work, Trink. Am I mistaken or is your sense of humour getting drier :?:

Drier? It's practically evaporated. I am taking a prolonged break from a newsgroup where I have been accused of being antisemitic because I pointed out that Bernie Madoff wouldn't have gotten away with it if he'd been a Muslim, Jewish bankers are seen as trustworthy, along with Born Again Christians (and Scottish lairds) and this trustworthiness has allowed them to do to the world's economy what all the Islamic fundamentalists failed to do.

Yanks don't seem to understand irony. Or any other form of humor.

lilibet

They are not that keen on type control in type 1's either
Yet they like to quote ACCORD study as reason for this?

Hmm, is it just me.................

sixfoot

And then of course theres the thread on the front of this site about changing the way Hba1c is presented. Anyone who has attended " presentation skill" courses will know perception is everything.
Techinically there is no difference but it will still lead to confusion and utlimately for a little while certainly things will skew. Which from a customer / patient point of view isnt whats required.

Dave P

Buachaille

Dislikes
Blondes with small...................................
As member of a business analyst team with a warped sense of humour we used to refer to it as 'presentations kill'.