9 weeks and worried

Natjhan

Hi
This is my 2nd pregnancy. I'm currently about 9 weeks pregnant & have had great control so far.(taking nearly double the amount of daily total insulin)
However, I have noticed over the last few days I am having to decrease my insulin as sugars are dropping. Is this normal? Being paranoid I instantly think something is wrong, and my son is nearly 3, so can't remember if I had this with him.
(Should add that I am at clinic every two weeks and have a great DSN who I can call anytime-just wondering what others went through)

JessP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi,
congrats on your pregnancy. I'm in my first pregnancy and 10+5 at the moment. I found at 9 weeks I had to really drop my insulin as was having loads of hypos and then in the last 2 days my BMs have sky-rocketed overnight so have had a panic that I'm pickling my fetus! ;) it's rediculous, whatever happens I worry so can completely understand why you're worried. I think that 8-9 weeks is normal to have lower BMs and insulin requirements.
Good luck!
Jess
x

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Congratulations on your first , and now your second baby .

I am not as far as you , and shall be trying to conceive in roughly 2 months .
But at my pre conception clinic , I got told to be prepared to drop your insulin during your first trimester . Not the best advice in the world as I'm not in the situation as of yet .

Good luck best wishes

:):):)

Natjhan

Thanks for your replies, have given me some reassurance.
I am a born worrier, so am sure if it wasn't this it would be something else haha. Xx

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for your replies, have given me some reassurance.
I am a born worrier, so am sure if it wasn't this it would be something else haha. Xx
I can totally relate to that , ' born a worrier ' I'm not even in your situation yet and I worry lol .
But this forum is really good , ask as many questions as you need to I know I have and like I said not even fully there yet haha.

Good luck with your journey .

:):):)

Reactions: 3 people

jenny.84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi im 24+2 weeks pregnant with my first baby,
From about 8-9 weeks pregnant i was having so many hypos in the day as well as being sick allot so i unfortunatly had hypos allot longer till i was aboit 20 weeks but about 12 weeks your placenta will start producing a hormone and this makes you more insulin resistant so your start needing more insulin and later on this increases even more,
Just keep in contact with your tesm and go to every anti natal appointment and they will advise whats best for u as everyone is different.
Good luck xxx

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

Jbgreen

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey everyone - reading this a couple of months later but found this really helpful ! I'm currently 8.5 weeks and have found that my insulin requirements have dropped by about a third this week - have been having about 4-5 hypos a day (not ideal). The sudden drop worried me at first but I've done some googling and it looks like it's to be expected in the late first trimester :)

jenny.84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah deffo hun make sure u have lots of contact with your diabetic nurse, they helpped me allot, and just had to eat snacks in the day to try not going low, hold in there your be fine and congratulations xxx