Omnipod

tfishuk

It is now nearly two months since I changed over to Omnipod and I have to say that my blood sugar levels are now near perfect. It is so easy to use and great not to have tubes to contend with since the pump works by WiFi. I would certainly recommend Omnipod to anyone considering a pump.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 people

Omnipod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i been on Omnipod for a year. I couldnt agree more about how easy it is with the omnipod and no tubing.
I recently took a break from the pump and went back on Degludec. Seems like I get more stable readings on the degludec.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Great news for you both, was only saying earlier how the tube free pumping could swing me towards switching from MDI :)

Alzibiff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
i been on Omnipod for a year. I couldnt agree more about how easy it is with the omnipod and no tubing.
I recently took a break from the pump and went back on Degludec. Seems like I get more stable readings on the degludec.

Are you saying that going back to MDI with Degludec as your basal insulin gives you better control - more stable readings - than the Omnipod pump? If not, please can you explain?

Thank you,

Alan

Omnipod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
im saying the degludec seems to give me more stable blood glucose than humalog alone. Im extremely sensitive to fast actin insulin so getting the fine tuning right is hard for me

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So are you on Omnipod for bolus and degludec basal, or back on basal/bolus MDI?

There don't seem to be many people making the switch back but it seems to have worked for you?

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It is so easy to use and great not to have tubes to contend with since the pump works by WiFi.

So it WiFis the insulin into you instead of using tubes to do that? Brilliant, I'll get one too! ;-)

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
So are you on Omnipod for bolus and degludec basal, or back on basal/bolus MDI?

There don't seem to be many people making the switch back but it seems to have worked for you?
I don't think I could be bothered wearing a pump 24x7 just for bolus. What would be the advantage over pens? Waves and stuff maybe. For me the main benefit of the pump is shaping my basal.

neels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Been with Omnipod for almost 5 years, love it compared to injections (pens etc). Does have a few glitches, pod errors, pdm fails etc , but luckily nothing drastic! Would never consider going back to multiple daily injections, although I have never had any of the other pumps with the tubing since I have young kids that could pull on them (well that's my excuse)....