Yet more worry!

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I have always to worry about T1 husband. He has multiple complications and doesn't look after himself well. I have become the prtotype nag.
His foot( mangled by neuropathy, has been troubling for a few days and the venous ulcer on his ankle is back. Went to see Gp this morning and i am now waiting to take him into hospital for IV antibiotics.
How lomg he will be there, I don't yet know, but last time it was a week.
I am feeling Very Stressed.

kegstore

Dislikes
Unnecessary rudeness, and any PC
I sympathise with you hanadr, I was incarcerated for 5 weeks a couple of years back with a tiny cut that went bad. The 4-hourly IV did the trick eventually and my toe was saved, but it's a very stressful experience for all concerned, especially the family.

Thinking good thoughts for you and your husband!

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
I hope he recovers quickly ,Hana. Healing thoughts to him and peaceful thoughts to you.

fergus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Very best wishes to you and your husband, Hana.
I hope he appreciates his good fortune in having someone like you to take care of him.
Thinking of you,

fergus

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hana,

My best wishes and thoughts as well. While he's in there you just make sure you look after YOU!

C

catherinecherub

Thinking of you and your husband Hana. Hope all goes well for hubby and that you take advantage of some "me" time.

Catherine.

Attachments

• aAn_cKittenChick.gif
    aAn_cKittenChick.gif
    27.4 KB · Views: 885

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
sorry to hear you are stressed, hope all goes well for u both xxxxxxxxxxxxx

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
hanadr.

My thoughts and best wishes to both you and your husband. Hope he gets well soon and that you can try to cut the stress level down. Give yourself some time as well !

Take care

Ken

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hana.

You can take out some of that stress on the person who puts carb laden food in front of him!

wiflib

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
Thanks folks!
This panic started at about 11 this morning and I've just got back from the hospital, fed the animals, collected the laundry from the line, had a scrambled egg and a slice of Fergus bread and am getting ready to go back. The waiting was dreadful. T1 did check his BG 3 times. At 1:45 it was 19.9, at 3:00 it was 23 and at 5:30 it was 20, all with no food or insulin. He's on the IV antibiotics now and threy are letting him keep his own BG control, but are going to titrate insulin to get him back down to the Good Zone. Wonder what they think that is?
All that hqanging about has worn me out.
I'll make myself a cuppa, before I go.

Katharine

I think it is the worry that an amputation is the end result if he doesn't get his act together, and the frustration at his complacency that is driving you up the wall Hana.

If we were on Airplane we would all be lining up to slap him! (At least I would)

Bubsy Malone

Dislikes
Patronising people, fish and cold callers
Sorry to hear about your hubby, Hana. Hope everything goes well for you both.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
Katharine, you're rightabout the cause of the worry.It's not helped by the fact that i think he still has a drip of faith in hs consultant.I DON'T

Katharine

Life as an amputee is SO much more difficult than with two good legs. Toileting, mobility and balance are all considerably affected.

If the worst comes to the worst, your husband knows you will do your best by him Hana, but this puts a hell of a strain on you. I've seen several carers die much earlier than we expected due to the effect of the chronic physical and emotional stress.

It seems to me that he is not considering the effect that his poorly controlled blood sugars are having on you.

Big Hugs.

Katharine.

sixfoot

Hana .... my dad ended up with one leg off. Add the mini strokes and Diabetes and it was a recipe for disaster he didnt make it. With hind sight i know now what i should have said at the time but too late i cant change it.

That makes me all the more determined not to go the same way.

Chin up girl, above all you have to keep going

Best wishes
Dave P