Results Time Again

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Round 3 of the AndBreathe Great Statin Debate has been set for 19th November, so I have some time to gather my thoughts and evidence, and I'll deliver my reading/evidence a few days before I go, so that she has a fighting chance. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@7.44 min I found this ok, with the 1/2 went up 1/2 went down and TG mostly went down

upload_2014-11-5_22-27-23.png

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I managed to do the same with Benecol. My total cholesterol fell quite noticeably. However it was the "good" cholesterol level that went down. The bad stayed the same and I ended up with a worse good to bad ratio.

I wonder what ones you used? I use the light version as the normal has a fair whack of carbs in a tiny hit. I find even this spikes me into the low sixes some mornings and I may drop it. I just want to avoid then inevitable statins talk next annual review.

sugarmog

I wonder what ones you used? I use the light version as the normal has a fair whack of carbs in a tiny hit. I find even this spikes me into the low sixes some mornings and I may drop it. I just want to avoid then inevitable statins talk next annual review.

Unfortunately it was some time ago, before I was diagnosed as being diabetic, so I wasn't worrying about sugar and carb content and can't remember which version I was using.