Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ooh, @Spiker , how are the eye(s)?

Got any reading glasses yet?

News of 2nd op?
Hello, exquisite one!

I had the 2nd op on Monday. 2 days off and back at work now. The new eye is still bedding in. The vision is amazing. Today I invested in my first pair of reading glasses and now I can read close up too!

In a week or so I expect my left eye will settle down. But already I can see from long distance to computer screen distance without glasses, and read a book or my phone.

It's absolutely fantastic. :)

Reactions: 6 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello, exquisite one!

I had the 2nd op on Monday. 2 days off and back at work now. The new eye is still bedding in. The vision is amazing. Today I invested in my first pair of reading glasses and now I can read close up too!

In a week or so I expect my left eye will settle down. But already I can see from long distance to computer screen distance without glasses, and read a book or my phone.

It's absolutely fantastic. :)

Hello Gorgeous!

That is wonderful news. :D:D:D

In honour of your new peepers, I will (for one day only) change my avatar pic to something your newly acute vision will allow you to fully appreciate.

Reactions: 2 people

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello Gorgeous!

That is wonderful news. :D:D:D

In honour of your new peepers, I will (for one day only) change my avatar pic to something your newly acute vision will allow you to fully appreciate.
I can't wait!!!

I just knew there was a reason I wanted to see more clearly. :)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I can't wait!!!

I just knew there was a reason I wanted to see more clearly. :)

Drat! The technical picture truncator thingy cut my foot off.
Sorry Spikey, you'll have to ignore the missing bits and just focus on the surviving tootsie. ;)

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hi
Yes, I do 'feel' my diabetes. I am type 1 and, this might sound weird and it is not scientific, but I can tell if my BG is above 7.5/8 by seeing if the outlines of a picture on the wall in my kitchen look blurred when I look at it from the other end of the room. My eye sight starts to blur when I am about those levels and consequently my eyesight changes all day long. I can also have a pretty good guess at my BG on waking in the morning from the clarity of my vision. My house is littered with pairs of spectacles of different focal lengths. I've been assured this constant change in focal length isn't harmful, but I don't like it. My medical team say that I am the only person who reports daily swings in eye sight.

My head also tingles and I feel as though the skin of my scalp is crawling when i am high. By contrast, I feel really energetic and sharp between 4-6. Below that, I feel vulnerable and panicky.

Best
Rest assured you aren't the only one. My eyesight becomes more short sighted with high blood sugar. Nothing like the variability that you describe though.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

ashleyp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i feel if mine goes slightly high as much as i do if it was to start dropping too low. can't say I've ever experienced the blurred vision but i can tell instantly by my mouth drying out/becoming thirsty and i find it hard to concentrate. if i find myself staring into space its usually a good indication that somethings gone a bit wrong

char87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I just came across this thread and was wondering if anyone had experience a change in or loss of symptoms for high sugar levels? I used to get all the usual signs but now I dont and just get a bit of a headache. I havent noticed high levels until I tested a few times recently so am a bit concerned.

Kaha

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hypocrite
Blurred vision and frequent urinating are my symptoms of elevated sugar level

cally

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I feel a bit nauseous and funny taste in my mouth if over about 14. If really high I have been known to vomit. But can't remember the last time I was really high

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm Type 2. My current daily average is running at about 6.5mmol/l. I have quite a few readings in the 4's pre-prandial, including one at spot on 4. I also had a one-off reading of 12.4 at 2 hours post prandial that was still 11.4 at 2.5 hours. I have never felt any different, whether as low as 4 or as high as 12.4. No sleepiness, headaches, vision problems. Nothing. When I test I have no idea what sort of level it will be.
As you know I'm also T2. I get a strange feeling high in my tummy and it's usually when my bg is lowering and has reached the low 5s. I do go under 5 but I don't seem to like it. I tend to get light headed at times but this can be due to low or higher levels. I've rarely seen anything in the high 6s and I think swings from low to high or vice versa can make me feel dizzy. I stopped the metformin at the end of May as my control was good and it was making me go too low for my liking. It's only since then that I've been getting that funny feeling in my tummy. I wondered if it was hunger pangs or my liver getting ready to dump if need be. Not sure but it's strange.

snowdrop345

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Im a newly diagnosed type 2. When i go above 10, which is rare, i get dizzy, blurred vision and feel like i have a fever. My legs ache and i just want to sleep. Hang on, thats how i feel now.......