HbA1c blood test result

lynnedeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Got my blood test results today it's down to 54 from 72 and the doctor is very pleased with the results!!!:)

Also have to report that the Metformin SR is good - no more upset stomachs!!:)

On the downside, I have raised cholesterol levels of 5.2 and have been put on medication!!:(

Thanks to all of you for your support in the last few months - feeling quite good about things!!!

Reactions: 4 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good news. You don't have to take the statins if you don't want to. There's lots of info on here about cholesterol. Just put it in the search box. And I'm sure @jack412 can post you a link to an interesting video on it. Can't remember the professor's name.

Reactions: 4 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
54 is a lot better, you should be very pleased.
you may need to cut some more carbs to see better levels. do you have a meter? I found that invaluable to what I could and couldn't eat.
I take a low dose statin because I think it's good for me, however the main marker in your blood may be your triglyceride levels

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Well done on the reduction in your Hba1c, hope your good progress continues Lynnedeloo :)

sjm1966

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Latest appointment with GP today and delighted with results and got a gold star! HbA1c was 102 (fasting) in August on diagnosis, 86 in October and today's was a jaw-dropping 39! In no part it's been thanks to this forum which has proved to be an invaluable source of information, inspiration and experience - thanks chaps!

Reactions: 7 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Got my blood test results today it's down to 54 from 72 and the doctor is very pleased with the results!!!:)

Also have to report that the Metformin SR is good - no more upset stomachs!!:)

On the downside, I have raised cholesterol levels of 5.2 and have been put on medication!!:(

Thanks to all of you for your support in the last few months - feeling quite good about things!!!
Well done those are excellent results... You should feel reAlly proud of yourself.

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Great Kezzer.
I also used to get upset stomachs with Metformin,took about 3 months to feel better