Low carb diet/ type 1

MattyBoy

Hellooo.

Im currently trying to get my body fat % down. I know that cutting carbs can help and make it easier to control diabeties. The thing is im a type 1 diabetic and would it be ok to follow a low carb diet?

Thanks~

fergus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Matty,

Cutting carbs is certainly a pretty effective method of shifting body fat. The key, in my view, is in reducing insulin doses. As these reduce, your body will burn fat more effectively and have a reduced tendency to store it.
Be careful though. You will have to work hard at first to make sure your (reduced) insulin doses are still properly matched to your food intake. On the other hand, the very fact that your doses become smaller will help even out the rises and falls in your blood sugar level.
Hope that helps,

fergus

MattyBoy

Thanks for replys :) Ive been working out for 18 months. Recently ive got my own weights at home but im soon to be going back to the gym so I can bring cardio back into my routine :)

MattyBoy

Thanks for that :) It looks like a low carb diet would be ideal to me. I just want a diet in which I know what to eat when and I know what I need to inject every meal. I also try to eat alot of protein aswell as im a weight lifter.