Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexa_x

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lowest ive been today is 8.6 fasting was 10.3 and I dont know why :(

Reactions: 7 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
I have cut out all bread, spuds, root veg and crisps.
Breakfast I have porridge, yes I know thats not the best but, I am a veggie, could not face eggs first thing in the morning.
My Hba1c in December 2013. Was 6.3
January 2015. Was 7.5
Next blood test is in April, I would like to get down to 6.
I have burning in feet and some times my toes feel a little numb. So hoping reducing my bs will help.

I am getting a little fed up with salad at lunchtime, I don't like omelettes. I have had so much stryfry veg you would not believe.

Ahhhh.... I'm sure... :( could you not have mushrooms, tomatoes and courgettes fried in butter - with garlic maybe, or onion - on flax or almond bread - perhaps with Quorn sausages, or marinated tofu? I find vegetarian dishes difficult without the pulses and lentils that you would ordinarily use.... My biggest shock was discovering that I couldn't even eat my beloved quinoa any more.... And what about smoothies? Full fat Greek yoghurt with Super Greens, green veg and a handful of berries and some milled flax, chia or ground almond? Toasted flax bread spread with Philly and a small blob of jam or a couple of sliced strawberries? Tomatoes grilled with cheese... cheese on flax bread toast topped with a couple of slices of tomato? You could pile avocado onto Philly on flax bread.. it's lovely toasted with butter, but you need a bit of protein and fat if you're going to seriously low-carb, to get you to lunch... I hope you get your numbers down as it really helped with my feet... Good luck... I know it's confusing and difficult at first, but it really does become very simple and satisfying once you see the numbers improve.... We will all help if we can... :) Are you following the 'What have you eaten today?' thread? It has some amazing recipes - we have lots of veggies on the Forum... Sorry if everyone's already told you all this stuff...

Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

Thanks Mike. I'm definitely trying to improve my readings before my next meeting with the DN who has set me a target of 47 (I was 53 at diagnosis). Having said that, I'm craving a bowl of porridge this morning.
Try it test it......2hrs, 2.5 and 3hrs. Some of us can, some can't... Mayb oatmeal instead of rolled oats too....

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

It's not a stupid question. No question is stupid if you don't know the answer. The only stupid question is the one you don't ask. ;)
You can't anticipate an HbA1c unless you test every 15 minutes throughout the day and night because we all go up and down like yo-yos.
What sort of numbers are you seeing before lunch and tea, and after each meal?
You're the only one, other than me, who I have head say that abt "stupid" questions :D

Reactions: 4 people

jimbo51

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My B/S since starting to monitor as only had codefree monitor since saturday and was diognoised with type 2 july 2014
sat 28th @ 13:30 14.8 mmol .... 21:30 13.60
sun 1st march @0700 14.8 mmol .... 18:30 9.5mmol ... 23:00 11.8
2nd 07:00 12.6

I'm new to diabetas and monerting so are thease good or bad
Jimbo

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Hi Jimbo, they're quite high really and you need to get them down. What do you typically eat? Are you on any meds?

Reactions: 6 people

jimbo51

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Jimbo, well done on starting to test, that's the first step towards getting this under control. Your numbers are a bit high though, can you tell us a bit about yourself - what do you typically eat, what medications are you on?

Im on metaformin 500mg 1 per day diet sorting out by viewing sites also take other meds for heart

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
You need to reduce carbohydrates significantly, have a read of the item linked top in my sig.

Reactions: 5 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Night all going to bed with sore thumb after bashing it on coffee table looking for diabetic clinic ready for the morning

Status
Not open for further replies.