idiots who will not learn
I think this has been great quite frankly. We all need what we need

Reactions: 8 people

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
Just a thought..........
Any one of us can enter say, a house, even an empty house, and recognize an atmosphere, good or bad, is present.
We can't see it, we can't touch it, we can't smell it however, we believe an atmosphere is present.
We have "faith" in what we experienced at that time (the atmosphere) though unseen, was real and genuine.

Perhaps the most powerful atmosphere we can experience is when we pronounce "you could cut the atmosphere with a knife".
For someone who refused to believe such an atmosphere exists and demands we prove it, we can't, we simply cannot prove it.
Nevertheless we have the belief (faith) that it does in fact exist.

Therefore, faith in this particular instance then, is that we have the assuredness of what we experienced but cannot be seen
was not made out of things that are visible.

By the same token, Christian's believe (have faith) that we understand the universe was created by the word of God, so that
what is seen was not made out of things that are visible.

Peace.

willie.

Reactions: 6 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
If you have a look around the internet and youtube and try and get your head around quantum physics it is mind blowing.
I don't profess to understand it all in any way shape or form but I understand enough for it to fascinate me.
At the moment some serious scientists are thinking the whole of reality might be a holograph!
Others are declaring that the whole of creation is made of information.
Not it contains information but is made from information.
Well information can only come from an intelligent source.
More and more scientists are saying whatever way they look at things it keeps leading down the road to creation ... intelligence but they don't want to go there so back peddle and try another route.
Forget Darwin ... Darwinian theory is based on 18th century knowledge.
21st century science is making it all look a bit silly.
Not every scientist who sees intelligent design sees a God involved.
Take Francis Crick for example.
He is considered to be one of the most brilliant minds of the twentieth century.
Famous for working out the double helix formation of DNA which may turn out to be the most important scientific discovery so far.
His brilliant mind couldn't figure it out .... couldn't put together the final steps of how DNA assembles itself etc.
So one weekend under the influence of L.S.D. .... something he liked to indulge in occasionally .... he saw before him the double helix in all it's glory.
As more and more knowledge of the workings of DNA have come to light it has become obvious that this is basically a digital computer programme.
Crick said there is no way in all of eternity that mud and lightening will ever be able to write complex code .... no chance then or now or ever.
To write an intelligent computer code that can be read written re read re written conveying important information to enable micro machines to build nutrients enzymes move stuff about get rid of waste and a hundred thousand other essential things for life takes intelligence not blind chance.
He refused to believe there could be a God so ascribed the intelligence to a very advanced alien civilisation somewhere out there who had written this stuff encapsulated it into living cells and sent it out acrosss the universe to spread life orr to survive so no God for the brilliant Crick but intelligent creation yes.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Just a thought..........
Any one of us can enter say, a house, even an empty house, and recognize an atmosphere, good or bad, is present.
We can't see it, we can't touch it, we can't smell it however, we believe an atmosphere is present.
We have "faith" in what we experienced at that time (the atmosphere) though unseen, was real and genuine.

Perhaps the most powerful atmosphere we can experience is when we pronounce "you could cut the atmosphere with a knife".
For someone who refused to believe such an atmosphere exists and demands we prove it, we can't, we simply cannot prove it.
Nevertheless we have the belief (faith) that it does in fact exist.

Therefore, faith in this particular instance then, is that we have the assuredness of what we experienced but cannot be seen
was not made out of things that are visible.

By the same token, Christian's believe (have faith) that we understand the universe was created by the word of God, so that
what is seen was not made out of things that are visible.

Peace.

willie.
As for not seeing things think of the wireless revolution we're in the middle of.
The amount of information on the move invisibly through the air through bricks and concrete through trees people metal .... films music debate laughter photographs economic transactions worth trillions ... all invisible and not there unless you have the right equipment to pick it up decode it and reload it .... and then send it on elsewhere.
I only beieve what I can see with my own eyes .....

Reactions: 2 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.

Spencer67

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Carbs and Blue Meanies
Albert Einstein is considered to be a pantheist he is a lot brighter than i am so i'm on his team. I personally don't think jesus existed, there is no real evidence, he was a creation of the Flavian dynasty's propaganda machine and all religions no matter what bias manipulates human consciousness and disables free thinking. Friedrich Nietzsche's writings on religion makes more sense than any religious text, but i think faith in a higher consciousness can be of great help to some it depends at what level the individuals knowledge base and belief system is at. Buddhism is also an interesting religion, i like the realistic idea of the four noble truths and its connection to mindfulness, a relevant psychological aid to todays stressful life patterns. Heathenism and paganism should not be ignored either its not all about the mainstream religions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 people

moonchip

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks to free will, we all have our own choice as to whether to believe, or not, and to what extent or within whatever limitations, if any.

I am a man of faith and I take pride and support in that

When that is not sufficient or where I need more clarity then I seek guidance from the supreme ruler of my universe - my wife

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 11 people

Remy D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
insulin and carbohydrates
All you need is love.. And food and shelter... Insulin as well and all the accessories, and some fresh fruit and some dry socks and a well padded soul, maybe some leggings incase it gets cold.. Aye YA YA.. So ummmm when's the next service, midnight mass?, I'm just kidding. " took them a few years to rewrite the bible, I don't follow faith even though I think it's liable and the church bell rings, but I aint listening...." And I will tell you why, and it's quite simple. I don't see the benefit of being catorgorized, I don't enjoy the exchange of funds and the enforcement of modern mental slavery. I have read various versions of interpretations and these recent testaments that are new top sellers have dumbed down the old English version claiming it to be easier to read distorting some the messages to almost un recognizable proportions. any chance they had they wrote of complete conformity and of how we should bow down and pay tribute to these world leaders that are said to be appointed by God and therefore we must do as they say because of some notion explaining everything that happens is meant to happen and without a line drawn I gotta say to me that includes friends and family gone too soon, wars across our land, nukes buried in the sand, people beheaded, a wife thrice bedded, drone strikes on innocents, ignorance and intolerance.. Etc etc.. If instead of reaching on to latch to an idealism that doesn't match you, reach in, ask yourself where do your morals lie, we know what's right and what's wrong and those who say they don't are guilty of lying to themselves. Sorry if I sound forceful or any of that, I don't do this often for that exact reason. Don't like to impose, whatever makes you feel good and right about yourself. There are some proven facts to the basis of these religions, take em on, they've been around, learn.., check out chakras and frequencies.. Resonate and situate. Binaurual beats I've taking a liking too.. and lest we ever forget, we are what we eat.. So be sure to feed your soul with the knowledge that it craves. Study each text on your own as though when your through your going to interview the writer and than go ahead and ask a devotee your questions and listen for a stutter.

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
All you need is love.. And food and shelter... Insulin as well and all the accessories, and some fresh fruit and some dry socks and a well padded soul, maybe some leggings incase it gets cold.. Aye YA YA.. So ummmm when's the next service, midnight mass?, I'm just kidding. " took them a few years to rewrite the bible, I don't follow faith even though I think it's liable and the church bell rings, but I aint listening...." And I will tell you why, and it's quite simple. I don't see the benefit of being catorgorized, I don't enjoy the exchange of funds and the enforcement of modern mental slavery. I have read various versions of interpretations and these recent testaments that are new top sellers have dumbed down the old English version claiming it to be easier to read distorting some the messages to almost un recognizable proportions. any chance they had they wrote of complete conformity and of how we should bow down and pay tribute to these world leaders that are said to be appointed by God and therefore we must do as they say because of some notion explaining everything that happens is meant to happen and without a line drawn I gotta say to me that includes friends and family gone too soon, wars across our land, nukes buried in the sand, people beheaded, a wife thrice bedded, drone strikes on innocents, ignorance and intolerance.. Etc etc.. If instead of reaching on to latch to an idealism that doesn't match you, reach in, ask yourself where do your morals lie, we know what's right and what's wrong and those who say they don't are guilty of lying to themselves. Sorry if I sound forceful or any of that, I don't do this often for that exact reason. Don't like to impose, whatever makes you feel good and right about yourself. There are some proven facts to the basis of these religions, take em on, they've been around, learn.., check out chakras and frequencies.. Resonate and situate. Binaurual beats I've taking a liking too.. and lest we ever forget, we are what we eat.. So be sure to feed your soul with the knowledge that it craves. Study each text on your own as though when your through your going to interview the writer and than go ahead and ask a devotee your questions and listen for a stutter.

Hi Remy D
I found your thread reply interesting & thought provoking. You argue your points well. For me, religion & faith are interwoven. It's not always about what I know or think about either of them....it's more about what I feel. I don't feel the need to explain that. It just is! I don't expect others to understand or believe as I do, and that's fine. I respect different views & opinions. I'm not insular about my christian beliefs as I find learning about other faiths facinating. Worship is a subjective thing, and I'm comfortable in my own skin. I'm not pious, but I wear my cross with pride, and it brings me comfort. Like I said, it's subjective. You mention that you don't post threads often because you sound "forceful." I say go for it. You're clearly an articulate, intelligent, thoughtful kind of person whose opinions are very interesting. It would be nice to see more. Best wishes.
Ali. X

Reactions: 5 people

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't honestly care what anyone believes in, or not. As long as :-

It makes them a better person.

Those beliefs are not imposed on others.

Other people's beliefs are accorded the same respect as you would like to receive for your own .

It does not scare the horses.

Signy

Reactions: 14 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!

Other people's beliefs are accorded the same respect as you would like to receive for your own .

Signy

Yup! I agree Heathenlass. X

Reactions: 4 people

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I struggle to believe in a personified deity such as God, Allah, etc, but do believe there are greater powers at work in the universe than we understand.

I do have several beliefs that could be described as spiritual - for example, I believe in ghosts (having had several experiences with them) but I'm not sure if they are "trapped souls", echoes across time or something completely different. I also believe in spirit guides (but again, I don't know exactly what they are!)

I also try to be a good person and therefore follow a lot of the Christian teachings: not necessarily the religious bits, but the moral bits.

I guess my beliefs could be described as "complex" (or confused!)

Reactions: 10 people

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi Folks
I hope I'm posting this in the right forum. My apologies to moderator if it needs to be moved.

I'm wondering if any members are Christians. I'm feeling the need to explore this in my life & would like to "chat" with others who could help me with this. I'm not a church goer, or what you could perceive to be very religious. But I am a believer and recognise the importance of faith, whatever an individual's faith/religion may be. I welcome all replies. Thanks

Ali. X
Really interesting thread and topic .
Thank you for this and all the interesting reply posts .

I have enjoyed reading all the replies .:):D
They have really made me think about my Mr God (as I call him)

Reactions: 9 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other

Signy

I would like to make one addition to the list above. Ie that there be a complete separation between religion and state.

Reactions: 4 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
I would like to make one addition to the list above. Ie that there be a complete separation between religion and state.
Indeed.
Robed clerics in government might be ok in Iran but not here in the House of Lords.

Sancho panza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Crick said there is no way in all of eternity that mud and lightening will ever be able to write complex code .... no chance then or now or ever.
To write an intelligent computer code that can be read written re read re written conveying important information to enable micro machines to build nutrients enzymes move stuff about get rid of waste and a hundred thousand other essential things for life takes intelligence not blind chance.
He refused to believe there could be a God so ascribed the intelligence to a very advanced alien civilisation somewhere out there who had written this stuff encapsulated it into living cells and sent it out acrosss the universe to spread life orr to survive so no God for the brilliant Crick but intelligent creation yes.

So who created the intelligent aliens ? ;)

Indeed.
Robed clerics in government might be ok in Iran but not here in the House of Lords.

Hmm there's 26 bishops and one rabbi at least in there now

Reactions: 3 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
So who created the intelligent aliens ? ;)

Hmm there's 26 bishops and one rabbi at least in there now
Yeah it just pushes the problem further back.
And yeah I know about the robed ones and funny hat wearers.

moonchip

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't know what everyone else thinks, but I find it really enjoyable that those of us on here can enjoy conversations on a wide variety of topics especially contentious ones like religion but also very deeply personal ones, and everyone is open minded and accepting of others' viewpoints.

I know we're all in the same boat and all have a genuine desire to help others, but aside from the 'diabetes' based issues it's genuinely lovely that everyone just 'gets along' and is friendly

Coming on this forum is something I really look forward to and long may that continue

Best wishes, most sincerely, to you all :)

Reactions: 10 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
I don't know what everyone else thinks, but I find it really enjoyable that those of us on here can enjoy conversations on a wide variety of topics especially contentious ones like religion but also very deeply personal ones, and everyone is open minded and accepting of others' viewpoints.

I know we're all in the same boat and all have a genuine desire to help others, but aside from the 'diabetes' based issues it's genuinely lovely that everyone just 'gets along' and is friendly

Coming on this forum is something I really look forward to and long may that continue

Best wishes, most sincerely, to you all :)
The same leaky boat ......