Aviva Nano

shaggy1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello......I'm new(sort of)

I was just wondering if anyone knew(or knows why) Accu-chek have discontinued the nano?

My nano died on me recently(lots of e7 errors) and Roche were great and sent me out a replacement, the aviva. Have to say I'm a little disappointed. Firstly, it doesn't look as good(or feel as good in the hand) as the nano. I know this shouldn't be a concern over accuracy when choosing a gm but I like to use something that looks a little bit stylish. Secondly, going back to the ole grey calculator style screen of the aviva rather than the black and white of the nano seems like a backward step.

Can anyone recommend a similar gm. I currently have a contour usb, freestyle optium neo and a compact mobile, but I'm afraid they just don't cut it in comparison. In Fact, the contour and neo just annoy me(for different reasons)

After 27 years of being a diabetic I am genuinely mourning the loss of this great little blood monitor:bigtears:

It has been a frustrating few weeks what with this and Abbott dragging their feet in releasing the libre:arghh:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Not heard that they've discontinued the Nano meter, but agree it is a great little meter and very stylish too, ring them back and ask if they can send you out the Nano model as they all use the same bg strips.

shaggy1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just called them and was told that although the Nano hasn't been discontinued it is no longer available in the uk?!? The girl on the phone couldn't give me an explanation as to why though. Seems strange.

I've had a look on Amazon but they are out of stock. Looks like I'll have to see if I can get one direct from the german roche website.

Thanks

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I spoke to them today.
They are no longer making the Nano as "technology has advanced". They are sending me an Aviva 2 meter and told me that a Nano 2 is in development but they have no release date yet. They told me that they have no stocks of the Nano anymore and that all are in the marketplace.
The Aviva 2 allegedly has improved technology with tighter tolerances and is more accurate.
It's a shame as aesthetically, the Nano is superb.

Reactions: 2 people