my first time on the forum

Jaclack

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi this is my first time on the forum and I wanted to intoduce myself.
I have been a Type 2 diabetic for approx 17 years now.During that time I have experienced retinopathy,neuropathy,and other complication,I have to confess I didn't take my diagnosis seriously until recently and my health has suffered as a consequence.
I am now in the process of trying to loose weight,reduce my BM and blood pressure.
I hope to take part in the forum discussions and gain some information to help and encourage me in my quest to obtain the goals I have set myself.
I am also happy to help and share my experiences with anyone on the forums.
I look forward to "meeting "you all in time

Reactions: 4 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Welcome .... your diet and current weight would be good to know. You've come to the right place by the way :)

Reactions: 2 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
it's never too late to get your blood glucose under control... most people say it helps with what they already have.

as you read the forum, you will see that a lot of insulin users help control and stabilise their blood glucose with lower carbs, if you chose this, you may need the help of your nurse to lower your insulin as you go.

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

Hi this is my first time on the forum and I wanted to intoduce myself.
I have been a Type 2 diabetic for approx 17 years now.During that time I have experienced retinopathy,neuropathy,and other complication,I have to confess I didn't take my diagnosis seriously until recently and my health has suffered as a consequence.
I am now in the process of trying to loose weight,reduce my BM and blood pressure.
I hope to take part in the forum discussions and gain some information to help and encourage me in my quest to obtain the goals I have set myself.
I am also happy to help and share my experiences with anyone on the forums.
I look forward to "meeting "you all in time
Well done on taking the first step towards your new healthier life. You're in the right place.... Ask as many questions as you need and someone will answer, in fact many people might answer.... I've been using the website for over a year now since I got a pre-diabetes diagnosis following an annual blood test to check my body wasn't being adversely affected by the meds I take for high blood pressure, fibromyalgia and arthritis. I look upon myself as lucky to have been diagnosed early.....I've reversed into the "normal" range due to the help advice and support of these forums. I hope they help you to do the same.

I've not tended to look at the introductions posts and decided it was time that I did with the welcome I got when I started.... although I did things the wrong way around and jumped straight into the forum threads first....I was still welcomed just the same and advised to let people know what type I was and what meds, if any, I was taking when I asked questions as it makes a difference to the answers at times.

Welcome to the forums and all the best with changing your life around