Accu Chek Spirit Combo

thedriver

I got this pump on Friday, and this is very good. It's the next generation of treatment.

I have not been on a pump that long approx a month.

Was using the accu chek spirit, which is now my spare.

This new one is amazing, the main advantage is the remote, I have struggled in the past in doing blood tests, but the remote, is also the blood test meter, so blood tests and use of the pump go hand in hand.

Also when you first set the pump up you enter in the remote the following.

Your carb to insulin ratio
Your insulin to blood glucose drop.

The best thing about this, is you do bg test, then enter the number of grams of carbs eaten, the remote then calcs the number of units of insulin needed taking into account any active insulin still in your system.

I have been using this since saturday and I am very pleased, with my blood sugars. :D

thedriver

it does have the insulin onboard feature. so it takes into account the full spectrum as to what is happening, it has different body status as well, eg exercise1+2, stress, illness, premenstual. So if your insulin regime is different due to any of the above, you can take this into account.

I am very impressed so far....

candi-girl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I went to Birmingham to meet the people designing it a few years back. I helped answer lots of questions. It does sound good. I am currently on the Animas and did have the spirit. Do the basal incriments still go up in 0.1's and not lower like the animas? Don't think it matters but just interested. I MAY think about getting one. I like the colour. Also, does it still hold 315u of insulin at a time?