1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Accu Chek Spirit Combo

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by thedriver, Jul 5, 2009.

1. thedriver

thedriver · Member

I got this pump on Friday, and this is very good. It's the next generation of treatment.

I have not been on a pump that long approx a month.

Was using the accu chek spirit, which is now my spare.

This new one is amazing, the main advantage is the remote, I have struggled in the past in doing blood tests, but the remote, is also the blood test meter, so blood tests and use of the pump go hand in hand.

Also when you first set the pump up you enter in the remote the following.

Your carb to insulin ratio
    Your insulin to blood glucose drop.

The best thing about this, is you do bg test, then enter the number of grams of carbs eaten, the remote then calcs the number of units of insulin needed taking into account any active insulin still in your system.

I have been using this since saturday and I am very pleased, with my blood sugars. :D

2. candi-girl

candi-girl Type 1 · Well-Known Member

does it have an insulin on board feature?

3. thedriver

thedriver · Member

it does have the insulin onboard feature. so it takes into account the full spectrum as to what is happening, it has different body status as well, eg exercise1+2, stress, illness, premenstual. So if your insulin regime is different due to any of the above, you can take this into account.

I am very impressed so far....

4. candi-girl

I went to Birmingham to meet the people designing it a few years back. I helped answer lots of questions. It does sound good. I am currently on the Animas and did have the spirit. Do the basal incriments still go up in 0.1's and not lower like the animas? Don't think it matters but just interested. I MAY think about getting one. I like the colour. Also, does it still hold 315u of insulin at a time?

5. thedriver

thedriver · Member

hi

still holds 315 units, but the spirit combo, unlike the spirit now does .01 increments

6. candi-girl

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook