Travelling to America

Anaelena

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Many ways to be bad to other people if that is the intent. Hammers, chainsaws and bread knives are still sold freely though every day, so lets not get into Hollywood hype style overreaction. :) And please do not mention insulin in this connection. Would like still to bring it with me in public, and not have to go to a locked-down security office to get every shot I need. Hollywood has already overused the diabetes plot, and still continuously gets the disease and dynamics completely wrong. They must be running desperate low on better ideas. ;)

It is what it is . I carry it on my body 24 hours a day : no shame with it . It is also a very old movie. No over reaction here . The only lock down security office I have experienced in my travels has been when my insulin pump was positive for bomb making materials at the airport in Germany . They take body searches serious there.

Megziee

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My plans for travelling are to try and have minimal luggage as going to try to get around many different states as easily as possible so taking 3 months worth or supplies is not really the best option for me. Would like to have a backpack only if possible

Anaelena

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My plans for travelling are to try and have minimal luggage as going to try to get around many different states as easily as possible so taking 3 months worth or supplies is not really the best option for me. Would like to have a backpack only if possible

I know this may seem strange but If you plan in advance you can always ask someone ( even me) if you can ship supplies to them and when you get to the states have them ship to you as needed . Just a thought .

HeatherMay_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have to admit, I think that going to America on the pump is far too difficult. For you to get the medication you need out there, the injections are best as they can be purchased easily. I spent around 2 months in America and found being on injections was a lot easier. Obviously it's your choice as to what you do and I'm sure there is a solution out there for getting medication for the pump :)