Please help I don't know what to do

aljallen

Hi I'm a 35 year old female. My name is amanda. As well as diabetes type 2 but on insulin I also suffer for asthma. 3 days ago, my asthma flared up and was given steroids. When I tested my blood sugar levels at work they were 30.3. To me thus is very high as readings should be 4-7? I am constantly weeing. Every half hour to an hour. I'm drinking alot more and feel very tired. Is there anyone that can help me on what I should do. I can't test for ketone as have no equipment to do so. I'm lost please help. Thank you in advanced. Amanda x

Reactions: 2 people

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
I agree , you should really be asking for some help from the NHS as soon as possible, good luck and I hope you are alright

Celsus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I'm a 35 year old female. My name is amanda. As well as diabetes type 2 but on insulin I also suffer for asthma. 3 days ago, my asthma flared up and was given steroids. When I tested my blood sugar levels at work they were 30.3. To me thus is very high as readings should be 4-7? I am constantly weeing. Every half hour to an hour. I'm drinking alot more and feel very tired. Is there anyone that can help me on what I should do. I can't test for ketone as have no equipment to do so. I'm lost please help. Thank you in advanced. Amanda x
Hi Aljallen, you definitely need some medical attention! Are you familiar with controlling your diabetes and control a high? Not sure, as you writing appears not being so clear. (If not, go to the A&E or call your GP watch, as I would not wait for Monday if I were you). BG above 12-15 mmol/l will result in ketones and a bg around 30 mmol/l is way too high. Very bad for your health and well-feeling. So that should be corrected asap and not linger on for days. We are not allowed prescribe treatment here as we are not medically qualified and do not know your history. You should contact professional nurses/physicians to help you, if not sure on yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

RuthW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I think you should go to A & E. With a blood sugar that high, they can bring it down quickly. You could be out again in a few hours.

kirstiemarie91

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Insulin
Hiya lovely, please try not to worry.
Give 111 a call and they will advise you on what to do, they will probably ask you to go to A+E (please don't worry about this! My husband had to go in for similar reasons)
You will be absolutely fine but please do act now hun, I'm here if you need anything xxxx