New Meter

trinity0097

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Doctor said they were not funding strips for my meter anymore (Aviva) so I now have a tee2 - anyone had experience of this one??? Pharmacies around here don't have the supplies, so have to go back tomorrow to pick up more strips and lancets. Told them that we would all be switched over to this one so get in lots of supplies!!!

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
Asked for a meter which arrived quickly .Its an okay meter and for those who buy strips they are very cheap from the Spirit hc site

HelenW123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Doctor said they were not funding strips for my meter anymore (Aviva) so I now have a tee2 - anyone had experience of this one??? Pharmacies around here don't have the supplies, so have to go back tomorrow to pick up more strips and lancets. Told them that we would all be switched over to this one so get in lots of supplies!!!

I've started using this one too. It's my first meter as just started on insulin but really like it so far. Very simple to use and from doing some googling it seems to be quite accurate in studies. I had a similar issue filling my prescription but think pharmacies are mostly sorted now.

How are you finding it?

Mr TEL

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have noticed that over the last couple of years, some manufacturers have lowered their strip prices. Presumably because they've woken up to the fact that they will begin to lose the NHS as a client if they don't.

Sirmione

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Donald Trump
And being undercut in price in retail market by the SD Codefree
Buying from Home Health UK Ltd. using the discount code it is costing me between 10 and 11p per test at moment.

Reactions: 2 people