Snacks

bnoswad

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys my 4 year old daughter was diagnosed with type 1 back in Feb this year, we seem to be managing it quite well with the injections apart from snacking in between meals, looking for some advice on what snacks to have other than carb free without having to give insulin.thanks

samsmummy2015

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi bnoswad, my son is almost 2 and was diagnosed in March of this year. He has rich tea biscuits, pom-bear crisps, some strawberrys, blueberries or blackberries. These fruits are all low in sugar and shouldnt rase her blood sugars too high. I basically let him have a snack as long as the carbs of which sugars is below 10g.

Marykly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi
My son is 5
I give him carrots , cucumber, olives
Are all free from carbs

Emmadixon

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
My little boys 3 he's was diagnosed t1 back in February we do the usual carb free things fruit carrot stick cucumber etc but other things iv found good are 10g car lb crisps so quavers wotsits Pom bears things light the water biscuit crackers as there only 2G carbs each or there's are brand called nairns they do crackers that are long lasting carbs there about 4g each but never raise my little boys blood sugars high they also do bags of crackers that are around 12g carbs for the whole bag and there longer lasting, hope this helps xx