Wetherspoons Pubs.

welshtony

Type of diabetes
Type 2
pedro606 said:
This morning I went into a Wetherspoons pub to have one of their traditional breakfasts- opting out of eating the hash browns.
Whilst there I was surprised but pleased to find a large leaflet breaking down all their meals with all the portion amounts of Carbs. It all had the other usual amounts that one finds on the back of food packages etc. protein,fat etc etc.
I though that that was a wonderful thing for Wetherspoons to do and they should be commended for it.

Well done Wetherspoons!

Pete

It's good that they show all these values, and they're available to download off their website, also.

But when I looked through the menu a couple of months back, I could only see a couple of dishes that I'd have regarded as low carb. And everything did come with chips!

I emailed them saying that I thought they were missing a trick, and that they should have a low carb section/symbol.....but never got a reply!

And I'd like them to show the carb contetnts of their beers, too!

pedro606

Agreed but I would give them time for the low carb symbols. One step at a time. I still think they have done a great service to us all. I haven't tried to ask for extra salad or veg in lieu of chips. I just don't eat the chips. I'll try that next time I go in, which isn't that often.

I have never really thought about the beer. I just have a couple of pints and just accept that my sugars will probably spike. Every now and again is not a problem anyway, in my opinion. I guess we could always stick to red wine!

The Wagamama noodle chain are supposed to be doing something similar to Wetherspoons.