‘Stop Eating After 7pm’ Challenge

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Late today 6.35pm

Reactions: MissMuffett

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
By 6 tonight...except for a biscuit at a meeting at 8 and 4 grapes and 4 walnut halves at 10....because they were on the kitchen counter. I usually manage not to snack by not having any snacks available (which includes not going into the kitchen of an evening)

• Funny

Sable_Wolf

Who will join me?

I intend to do this for the rest of January- 10 days and hopefully I’ll have broken the habit by then and carry on.

I‘m not hungry, I suspect I’m bored and it’s becoming a habit. So I thought if there were a few of us that struggle with this it would be good to record our successes and make suggestions on how we coped.

@LivingLightly?
How did you get on and are you still not eating after 7pm? I really need to get on board with this!

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How did you get on and are you still not eating after 7pm? I really need to get on board with this!
Hi welcome @Sable_Wolf yes stuck to it most of the time. I’ve gone over the 7pm deadline a few times with the main meal but it’s definitely stopped the snacking.

Last edited:

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Try having a slightly larger more filling meal, then mentally stop! Close the kitchen, get rid of snacks so there's no temptation.
It is easier to build new habits than you think.
Seeing bg get lower is very motivating
And join in here for peer group support. :)

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We're boringly predictable and still hanging in there. Met the 7.00 pm deadline comfortably on Thursday evening and I still feel pleasantly full at well past bedtime.

Good night all. Sleep well.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
On Friday evening, we ate a little earlier once again and were fed and watered by 6.00 pm. I'm still feeling pleasantly full and it's well past my bedtime.

Night all.