1 hour post meal... confused.

CranberryIce

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My nurse has asked me to test 1 hour post meals and record my BG levels (pre-conception advice).

Does that mean 1 hour from the moment I started eating? Or 1 hour from when I gave my pre-meal bolus and tested my BG?

Just want to make sure I am doing this accurately.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
My nurse has asked me to test 1 hour post meals and record my BG levels (pre-conception advice).

Does that mean 1 hour from the moment I started eating? Or 1 hour from when I gave my pre-meal bolus and tested my BG?

Just want to make sure I am doing this accurately.

If sticking to 1 hr then I'd do it from when I started eating. Sorry if it confuses things further but for most foods I think you'd be missing the spike and 90mins to 2hrs would be more suitable. But stick to what your nurse has told you for now.

Reactions: CranberryIce

CranberryIce

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If sticking to 1 hr then I'd do it from when I started eating. Sorry if it confuses things further but for most foods I think you'd be missing the spike and 90mins to 2hrs would be more suitable. But stick to what your nurse has told you for now.

Thank you for that...

At the moment I test 2 hours after my meals as I know my body needs that time. I will clarify with her at my next appointment.