1 hour post reading 15.3

Shadybaby

Good afternoon,

My son is having a fasting test on Wednesday to check for diabetes . He has had sugar in urine on numerous occasions. I've done a few checks and he is usually around 10 2 hour post meal. I checked him other day an hour after icecream he was 11.5! He has had fasting ones between 4.1-9.8 this morning he was 5.1 then an hour after frosties he was 15.3! I no sweet stuff can make none diabetics glucose level go up but surely not that much? Does this sound like diabetes or could there be another cause?

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Good afternoon,

My son is having a fasting test on Wednesday to check for diabetes . He has had sugar in urine on numerous occasions. I've done a few checks and he is usually around 10 2 hour post meal. I checked him other day an hour after icecream he was 11.5! He has had fasting ones between 4.1-9.8 this morning he was 5.1 then an hour after frosties he was 15.3! I no sweet stuff can make none diabetics glucose level go up but surely not that much? Does this sound like diabetes or could there be another cause?

As a sweeping generalisation, cereals are not good for diabetics because a very high, easily digestible carbohydrate content makes blood glucose rise rapidly. The 15.3 is quite believable.

Best wait for the medical gurus to investigate before making a diagnosis over the internet though.

Reemap

Good afternoon,

You can do HBA1C test which gives you aggregate for last three months of his sugar .. which will help to diagnose if he is diabetic. Also you would need to test whether he is type 1 or type 2