1000 cal type 1

milja

I have trouble loosing weight. I eat 1000 calories a day and do power walks. I have been dooing this for 3 weeks now and absolutley nothing happens.
Please help me.

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have trouble loosing weight. I eat 1000 calories a day and do power walks. I have been dooing this for 3 weeks now and absolutley nothing happens.
Please help me.
Do you know how your macronutrients are weighted regarding your 1000 calories? As in, what quantity of fat, protein and carbs?

How much weight do you intend on losing and are you overweight just now?

I don't know how far you're walking, or at what intensity, but it is possible that you've lost body fat and gained muscle mass instead. This may look like your weight remains static on the scales, but you may have potentially lost body fat.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
1000 Calories of carbs or 1000 calories af fat would make all the difference in the world to my weight. I need to keep carbs 20 or less per day and eat 80%?fat to maintain my weight and energy.

milja

61gram of carbs, 20gram of fat and 90 gram of protein is a averige day for me.
I haven not been walking very fast but i walk 5 kilometers and i takes me about 1 hour.
(Sorry for my bad english writing i am from Norway)

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
61gram of carbs, 20gram of fat and 90 gram of protein is a averige day for me.
I haven not been walking very fast but i walk 5 kilometers and i takes me about 1 hour.
61g of carbs is unlikely to stop you losing weight, so is 20g of fat. 90g of protein I assume is a figure that you've worked out for yourself?

Are you active for the rest of your day, outwith your power walking? Have you considered increasing the distance and duration when power walking?

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
From MY personal experience with weight gain or loss is 60 carbs is too many, 20 fat isn't nearly enough and 90 protein would be way too much. I need a keto type diet or I gain. I also cannot eat any grains, dairy or too much saturated fat.
I eat less than 20 carbs a day and all from anove ground veggies, avocado and a few nuts or pumpkin seeds. Then 45 G protein and fill the rest in with healthy fats.
Exercise does nothing for me for weight loss though is good for many other things.

We are all individuals and different needs for different macros but for ME a calorie is not a calorie. I can eat loads of fat and not gain a pound but carbs and excess protein I will gain a bunch.

I would play with your macros. Lower the carbs and protein and up the fat. I eat at least one avocado a day throughout the day. Keeps me very satisfied and lasting even energy. Awesome on bg too