14.5 To Go With Man Flu!

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
So I abandoned the balmy Dorset coast to venture north to Bedford for a spell of dog-sitting for my sister. I came home with a hacking cough and near life-threatening man-flu! Sipping Benny-Lynne seemed to soothe the symptoms. Then by chance, I did a routine early evening test to find a record 14.5mmol.
Now unless I had cough syrup on my fingers, this was unexpected, but I guess there must be a fair bit of sugar in it. Has anyone else been similarly lax, or does anyone have a home-remedy they would share with me?
But be quick - I don't know how long I have left!!

D

Deleted member 308541

I find single malt whisky a good cough mixture / sore throat cure all, dunno what a hacking cough is though.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Despite being female I have caught man flu from my son. Strangely my survival odds look better, to a casual observer, than his as he’s making much more fuss. My bs has gone up even without the cough syrup. I assumed it was due to just being sick.

Paracetamol, antihistamine or something like sudofed, warm/hot drinks of anything you fancy that are sugar free and then toughen up. :D

Reactions: Guzzler

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Are you still with us?

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Just barely...got ... the ...strength to push the keys.
Persuaded myself that my good friend Jack Daniels could help. And it did. My legs got stronger, cough still hanging round.. but I'll live.
(@Tipetoo didn't you ever have to take Buckley's for a cough? Vile stuff!)
Need my health for tomorrow as I'm heading for Gatwick. I will be driving from Tuscany to the Amalfi Coast over the next two weeks! Thanks to the well-wishers and I'll try and check in when I find wifi. A presto tutti!

D

Deleted member 308541

(@Tipetoo didn't you ever have to take Buckley's for a cough? Vile stuff!)
If I remember rightly, my crazy mothers cough remedy was some sith called Famel. :***:

I got some stuff from a pharmacy here years ago, it had chicken in it, tasted foul.

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
If I remember rightly, my crazy mothers cough remedy was some sith called Famel. :***:

I got some stuff from a pharmacy here years ago, it had chicken in it, tasted foul.
Can't be worse than VEGEMITE !

(oh dear.... too far?)