15mmol woudntt come down

static192

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hey do most type 1 find when there sugars are high example mines was 15mmol but normal correction dose didnt bring it down do you find normal correctional insulin dose wont work and you need to inject a higher amount then normal to bring sugar level down?. or is it just me lol

delmcp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@static192 if i am above 11mmol i need to take extra as my normal correction dose will not bring it down.

scotteric

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
hey do most type 1 find when there sugars are high example mines was 15mmol but normal correction dose didnt bring it down do you find normal correctional insulin dose wont work and you need to inject a higher amount then normal to bring sugar level down?. or is it just me lol
Yes, the higher you are, the more insulin you need.

D

Deleted Account

When my BG is high, I find I become slightly insulin resistant so need additional insulin to bring my BG down to normal levels.
For me, this is twice my usual correction dose. However, I monitor my BG very closely for the next couple of hours when I take this much correction in case of hypo.

petdell

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I find I need more insulin, for correction dose. Sometimes end up doing two correction doses. Then of course ,the roller coaster effective, can start. Ohhh the joys of T1.