16 month old BG levels

Grimm90999

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Just had to take my little girl to the doctors for signs of diabetes. I have been diagnosed with type 1 since June this year and know what levels for an adult but wondering if any parents that have children around my little ones age that have been diagnosed what a normal BG reading should be for a child her age?

Thank you

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just had to take my little girl to the doctors for signs of diabetes. I have been diagnosed with type 1 since June this year and know what levels for an adult but wondering if any parents that have children around my little ones age that have been diagnosed what a normal BG reading should be for a child her age?

Thank you

Grimm, there's a lady called @shivles , whose little girl is T1 and a very similar age to yours.

It must be a concern for you, but if she is diagnosed, whatever her symptoms are will improve.

shivles

Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
My LO is 17 months and her targets are 4-9mmol although docs are not too concerned with readings up to around 12. Have you checked her BG? Feel free to message me if you need to chat x

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
I'll tag in a T1 mum of a child about the same age as yours?? @shivles . Lol @AndBreathe beat me to it.

& a T1 of a T1.. @mahola

I got no idea about kids myself..