1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

1hr Post prandial reading

Discussion in 'Prediabetes' started by SolJ, Apr 27, 2016.

1. SolJ

SolJ Prediabetes · Newbie

Hi, I'm a 23y/o female with BMI of 18, not sure if I'm a prediabetes or in fact more than that.
    Recently feeling lightheaded around 1hr after eating or 4-5hrs after previous meal. Went to my GP and she ran a random blood test and thyrodism. I was told that my results are normal, but i didn't get to see them. I raised my concern on blood sugar levels and she insists that I'm no where near diabetes or low BG.
    After doing some research, i bought myself a blood glucose meter. I have tested for a few days and my fasting BG are always 5.1-5.3mmol, and 4-5hrs after meal when I'm feeling dizzy I'm usually at 4.4-5.1mmol which is not hypo at all, but my 1hr post prandial BG readings are crazy,

Breakfast (<15carbs) - 30g plain oatmeal + 30ml wholemilk
    0 mins - 5.3mmol
    60mins - 8.5mmol
    70mins - 6.4mmol

Lunch ( <35carbs ) - 40g plain oatmeal, egg and small of of(carrots, brussels , sweethear cabbage, garden peas)
    0mins - 4.8mmol
    60mins - 11.8mmol
    80mins - 6.9mmol

Dinner ( < 20carbs) - 125g cooked white rice, 45g chicken breast and some leafy vege
    0mins - 5.2mmol
    60mins - 8.5mmol
    120mins - 6.3mmol

Any suggestions on whether I'm prediabetes or more?
    As I'm aware that normal people dont get their BG spikes over 7.8mmol.

2. urbanracer

urbanracer Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Your blood glucose figures do not allow us to diagnose you over the Internet, and neither do forum rules - sorry.

You do seem to get glucose spikes but it's not completely unheard of for non-diabetics to get the odd high readings. Doctors would normally look at your average glucose levels for a diagnosis, so really you should be asking to see the results of your tests.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook