1st blood test since diagnosis.

Automon

Hi
you may have seen my first post regarding diagnosis with a reading of 173. Since the shock of being diabetic and stumbling on this site I would like to thank all members guiding me through my illness who have given me much appreciated advice on how to cope and move on, this advice has been fantastic and helped me no end. From being on insulin and tablet I have now removed the insulin and instead of taking 4 tablets per day it is now reduced to only 2 which my diabetic nurse allowed. It is through this site that I have learned so much and managed my illness. My 1st blood test the reading was down to 105 a significant drop bearing in mind the test was taken after 6 weeks of medication so as my nurse stated the next one will be lower providing I stick to the regime I an using now regarding foodstuffs and exercise. My sight is getting better I can see a definite improvement so all is going well up to now he point is can I or should I expect things to change once the honeymoon period is over once again your help has been greatly received and I cannot put into words how members of this site has helped me during this difficult time.

Reactions: Grant_Vicat

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations on a great start.

Keep doing what you're doing.

I agree this site is awesome and life changing!