2 unit jump

NaijaChick

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Dia-besties

I’m wondering if anyone can offer any advise. I have noticed that when injecting my pen jumps two units before I fill resistance and can tell that I am injecting. I alway prime before injecting but wondering if I am losing out in two units.
Any advice would’ve be excellent.

Thanks

NC

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @NaijaChick ......it sounds as if your pen maybe faulty, if you are using the prefilled pens it would be best to change it, if on the other hand you are using the pens that require the tubes you insert I advise you contact your surgery and get them to script you a replacement as soon as possible.......if you are using a Novo Pen pen and contact Novo Nordisc Customer Services they will send you a new pen and request you return the present one so they can check it out as there may be a faulty batch........unfortunately its a fact of life that some pens will go wrong its a mechanical device and it happens.

Reactions: Brunneria

Struma

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
@NaijaChick Could you let us know the name of your pen +/- your actual insulin. We can then have a good cogitate. Thanks

Struma

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
@NaijaChick This is an unfamiliar pen to me.
I use Lantus, NovoPen 5, Tresiba pens. I have not met your problem with either. Except …
NovoRapid - NovoPen 5. I needed to change cartridges during one injection. I forgot to prime the second one, and had walloped in 7units of air into myself! It felt most similar to what you describe, despite your adequate priming.
I also think you need to replace your pen/cartridge - soon, it doesn't sound trustworthy at all.
Good luck.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @NaijaChick ,
I believe Lilly does the same if you contact their Customer Services they will send you a new pen, till it arrives you should contact your Gp or Diabetic Clinic to replace the pen as soon as possible.