2 years on and BG still high

andyfh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am eating well below 80g carbs per day, sometimes a lot less. I am a little heavy at 15st and 6'1" but nothing earth shattering.

Despite this, I cannot get my readings below 8.5 regardless of carb intake or eating patterns/times.

No idea why this is. Anyone had similar problems?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am eating well below 80g carbs per day, sometimes a lot less. I am a little heavy at 15st and 6'1" but nothing earth shattering.

Despite this, I cannot get my readings below 8.5 regardless of carb intake or eating patterns/times.

No idea why this is. Anyone had similar problems?

Andy - you may find you're eating something that doesn't really agree with you, but doesn't make you feel unwell.

I do recall that when @Brunneria went gluten free her blood sugars dropped, even though she wa eating materially the same things. Ever carbier things (I recall talk of scones versus gf scones) returned lower scores.

I'm not suggesting you immediately go gluten free, but would ask you to think if you have any given food you like a lot and are drawn to eat a lot of? Sometimes we can be almost addicted to the things that don't do us any favours.

Just a suggestion.

Reactions: andyfh

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Could you post up a list of the meals/snacks/etc you would have on a typical day?

That way, maybe if there's some innocuous food hiding that spikes some people but not others, someone on the forum might be able to spot it.

Reactions: Guzzler

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
Could you post up a list of the meals/snacks/etc you would have on a typical day?

That way, maybe if there's some innocuous food hiding that spikes some people but not others, someone on the forum might be able to spot it.
Might be the slice of bread wrapped around his head (lol, see avatar)