:)

ailz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
people that make me panic. Racism - in fact most 'isms'
Re: Diabetes getting you down..

I get mischievous. People, who know me always know when I'm either overtired of feeling down as I start teasing them or playing jokes on them. Or even worse singing - I can't follow a tune! I find acting chirpy and cheerful usually cheers me up - if it doesn't I take myself off to bed and sleep it away.

Cheers
Ailz

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I think we all have down times I know I do I want to shout "OK ive had enough of DB take it away Ive been there done it its no fun anymore",but after a good rant I realise that its not going away but I am not going to let it beat me and I am going to get a a grip.The good thing is that there are loads of people on this forum that are on our side and can understand how we feel.
CAROL

Gappy

Dislikes
hypocrisy, prejudice and the corrupt legal system (never got compensation I deserved from an accident)

Since diagnosis I have made positive changes to my life with diet and exercise & none of it has felt too much of an effort, so if I do feel down I look at my reduced waistline to cheer myself up! Also as I posted elsewhere I think of the great friends I have, they don't need to be my friends they choose to be so I must be a good person and their opinion counts so that cheers me up!