1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

22 mile sponsored swim!

Discussion in 'Diabetes Events' started by Eireannn, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Eireannn

Eireannn Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Good morning/afternoon, everybody :)

After seeing what impact diabetes had on my life and after a long post I had written on Facebook about living with Type 1 Diabetes, my mum's friend has decided that she wants to swim a whole 22 miles in order to raise money for Diabetes UK. It would be greatly appreciated if this could be shared around with family and friends and help her to reach her goal.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Julie-Simpson16?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=fundraisingpage&utm_content=Julie-Simpson16&utm_campaign=pfp-share

Thank you :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. matt_oram27

matt_oram27 Type 1 · Newbie

I am doing this too! As a T1D I thought it would be great to combine what I love with the great work diabetes UK do. Good luck to your friend!

3. cherylt1d

cherylt1d Type 1 · Active Member

Hi i realise this is an older post now but ive done the 22 mile swim challenge twice now. Look forward to doing it again

• Winner Winner x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook