28wks pregnant

joanne75

Hi

I’m 28wks pregnant with my 2nd baby, went for 28wk growth scan and baby’s AC is measuring on the 97th percentile however her weight is still in normal range. My HBA1C is 50 not quite 48 but not far off anyone here experience this and have any reassurance??

gemma_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi

I’m 28wks pregnant with my 2nd baby, went for 28wk growth scan and baby’s AC is measuring on the 97th percentile however her weight is still in normal range. My HBA1C is 50 not quite 48 but not far off anyone here experience this and have any reassurance??

Hi Joanne,
The best thing to do would be to ask the doctor, but I think if his/her weight is fine then he or she is most probably going to be longer than the average newborn. I was told my baby had a Winnie the Pooh tummy after one scan... bless him ... I had a very difficult pregnancy, dreadful diabetes care abroad and had very unstable blood sugars... but he came through it all fine Thank God! Weighed 3.650kg and was 51cm long which I think is average ... so your baby might be 54cm which is higher than average.
I wouldn’t look too much into it, just try your best with the blood sugars and eating healthy food and exercise. Try not to stress yourself out too much... I know it’s hard not to ... pregnancy and diabetes are hard. And for some of us it’s harder than others, everyone is different and has different experiences even between first and second pregnancies.
All you can do is your best, Yoga is really good during anyone’s pregnancy and especially for diabetics, if you can find a yoga class for pregnant mothers near where you are based it would do wonders for you and the baby, some places do them for mums and children so you could take your first born too... that would be fun although not as relaxing perhaps
I think they should have yoga for pregnancy in every antenatal clinic! ♂️
Good luck! ☘️☘️