2nd year

carlos

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
people with no sense of humor and take life to serious
as anybody else had this problem diagnosed last yer was on 3 meterformin managed to get of them and last hsblc was 6.3 without the met however since then have somewhat losed my way not badly bbut are finding buiscuits cakes drink harder to resist and bs are spiking up more and more am trying to get a grip but just cant for some reason i know this sounds pathetic and a lot of people have a lot more serious probs than this but has anyone else encountered this prob you know you shouldnt be doin it but ya cant stop

Baltipal

Dislikes
Diabetes
I never had much of a sweet tooth, always abjured the choccies & was a stranger to hobnobs........till that is, I was told I had a condition that would make it inadvisable to eat them. Now I can't leave them alone. It's the perculiarity of human nature. :)

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
It is clearly an addiction and the only way to overcome it is not to have even a tiny taste which demands a total change of diet and way of life.

You will have to get to the point where you accept that there are consequences to what you are eating. I suppose you could try re-naming biscuits, cakes etc and giving them the name of a diabetic complication! :shock: :evil:

C

catherinecherub

Hi Carlos,
You are not alone and most of us have been through this. There are times when I could murder a homemade sausage roll as my friend takes them out of the oven. I did have a period like you are going through for a few weeks but eventually got over it. I think it is a form of rebellion for having to be careful.

Read up on diabetes complications and look at the graphic pictures as well.
It is something that you have to overcome and it is not easy because they taste so lovely. :D

Imagine that a friend was telling your story and what your response would be to them.

Take care,
Catherine.

PS Your profile says 5yrs diabetic.

Cowboyjim

Poor you!
I'm in my 'second year' I suppose. Calendar wise that is. Still veeeery reluctant to eat choccies etc but I had some cake yesterday... it was from my daughter's birthday. Stuff it I thought, you can't be an ascetic every day. With care you can reward yourself, to stop the illness getting the better of you.
My biggest frustration is not a sweet tooth but more a 'savoury tooth'. Even toast is a no no... crisps, peanuts (salty) let alone pizza, curry/rice, pasta - argh! Everything in careful moderation leavened with the good stuff, exercise and the pills.... 8)