3.8 and feeling a bit weird

Lucozade

No formal diagnosis of yet, just borderling readings but ate as normal tonight and now dropped to 3.8 plus my vision feels just a bit strange and I feel a bit spaced out. Any thoughts?

C

catherinecherub

Hi Lucozade,
A reading of 3.8 is hypo territory and would explain how you felt. It is too late for advice now but hope you are feeling alright. Please let us know.
Catherine.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Lucozade,

As Catherine has said, 3.8 is hypo territory, and best avoided , therefore you should eat something to bring your levels back up again. 'Four is the floor' is a saying to remind people with diabetes that anything below this level is considered to be a hypo. Hope all goes well at your next appointment!

Nigel

kay957

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I say when this happens again i'd eat something sugary or have a swig of lucozade, then a slice of toast to back it up. When it happens to me I eat a very carbed biscuit, this normally does the trick. I normally get a hypo warning at 3.8 but I have had no warnings and got 2.9 :(

Lucozade

Hi again

Thanks for all the responses. I had some Lucozade and that got me back up to 5. something then I went to sleep. But I am confused as to why I would go to 3.8 in the first place, as I had been eating snacks all evening, in fact my last food and drink was 11pm-ish, including a mini chocolate cheesecake, several bags of crisps, half a small bottle of lucozade and a piece of swiss roll and I was around 7.4 when I went to bed at midnight, only to start feeling like **** a short while later. How could this happen?

That was all **** food I know, but after tea I was still starving and just could not stop eating and was ravenously craving sweet things for some reason.

Also, I checked the metre readings several times and the metre was properly calibrated.