3 Month Hiccups

Lowcarb 2

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was diagnosed type 2 November 2016 to begin with had my meds changed regularly and since Jan this year take Sukattro and Glicazide but I still find that despite my hb1nc being a good level that every 3 months or so i suddenly have a really high reading and it can take up to a week for it to settle back to an average reading

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What are you eating when you get the really high reading and how high is "really high"?

Lowcarb 2

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What are you eating when you get the really high reading and how high is "really high"?I been having porridge chicken fish salad yogurt and some fruit and red meat and my sugars have been around the 17 to 24 mark it goes high for one day and takes about a week to normalize

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Porridge oats really spikes me awful. What are your readings before and after? My blood glucose levels doubled. I know some can tolerate it but we have to find what works for us.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Lowcarb 2
"been having porridge chicken fish salad yogurt and some fruit and red meat and my sugars have been around the 17 to 24 mark it goes high for one day and takes about a week to normalize"

Do you normally have porridge or is this an occasional thing?
Those are pretty high numbers what was your last HbA1c?

Lowcarb 2

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Lowcarb 2
"been having porridge chicken fish salad yogurt and some fruit and red meat and my sugars have been around the 17 to 24 mark it goes high for one day and takes about a week to normalize"

Do you normally have porridge or is this an occasional thing?
Those are pretty high numbers what was your last HbA1c?
My last hba1c was 48 but since then I been diagnosed with a under active thyroid though I was told this shouldn't affect my levels

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My last hba1c was 48 but since then I been diagnosed with a under active thyroid though I was told this shouldn't affect my levels

Hypothyroidism is fairly common, and slightly more common again within those who have diabetes. Sometimes people notice a slight rise in their blood sugars when the start on their levothyroxine. Have you begun taking anything for your thyroid?

I do agree with @bulkbiker that your 17-24 looks uncomfortably high. How do you feel when you're at those numbers?

Lowcarb 2

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hypothyroidism is fairly common, and slightly more common again within those who have diabetes. Sometimes people notice a slight rise in their blood sugars when the start on their levothyroxine. Have you begun taking anything for your thyroid?

I do agree with @bulkbiker that your 17-24 looks uncomfortably high. How do you feel when you're at those numbers?
Last Friday was the first time I had a high reading since being diagnosed with an under active Thyroid it makes me feel shaky inside and my hands are shaky and when the shakes stop i feel wiped out it my level tends to stay fairly high all day and gradually goes back to normal over a couple of days

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Last Friday was the first time I had a high reading since being diagnosed with an under active Thyroid it makes me feel shaky inside and my hands are shaky and when the shakes stop i feel wiped out it my level tends to stay fairly high all day and gradually goes back to normal over a couple of days

If you feel like that, then I suggest you talk to your Doc sooner, rather than leter. I'm not a Doc, so am not qualified to say what's going on, but if you look up the symptoms of an over-medicated hypothyroidism, the shakes inside sound a little like palpitations?

It's worth having checked out and shouldn't be ignored - whatever it is

When was your last blood test to check your dosage levels?.