3 weeks in...

Lulu123x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone,

3 weeks since my diagnosis and 1 week since 3 antibody tests confirmed a T1 diagnosis. I was still kinda hoping I had T2 so I could reverse it but at least I know for sure now, though I do still question it at times!
As previously mentioned I was on a low calorie diet programme for T2 diabetics and restricted to 800kcal a day, I was happy to lose 17kg but my poor cells were starved of glucose for 3 months!
I have did a carb counting course and am confident on adjusting my rapid insulin dose, not so confident when BG levels get below 4.5 and tend to overdo it with haribo, must have more confidence in just 2 or 3 of these rather than 9!
I was getting disheartened that my BG levels were still very erratic and mostly high but then suddenly overnight everything changed and I have been mostly in the green zone (librelink) for 2 whole days. I guess it really does take a few weeks for the insulin to have an effect! The only other thing that changed for me is it is the day that my menstrual cycle started, not sure if this could have that much of a positive effect, probably just a coincidence.
The first day in the green zone I felt really ill funnily enough, shivery, dizzy and nausea whenever I was upright, aching muscles... maybe my body's response to sudden normal BG levels?! Has anyone else experienced this? I slept for 10 hours and felt fine the next day.
I have gained 5kg in 3 weeks which is a bit annoying but it is good to know that my cells are able to function better now with all that yummy glucose! I am hoping weight loss is going to be possible on insulin?!
Just had some cheese and grapes before bed, no rapid insulin, hope it doesn't push me out of the green zone!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221230_222911.jpg
    Screenshot_20221230_222911.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 120

pkirk25

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Your time in range and average numbers show a fantastic improvement. Well done!

JoeyGraf20

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The cold
I think you're doing fantastic
I was ill over Xmas and my levels were great, just one of them things that most things can effect BG levels - I used to find it funny how over night I would have a dead straight line around 5-6...then the closer I got to work time my levels would shoot up! 100% stress so this year I managed to change companies and weirdly I don't experience that anymore

Keep doing what you're doing, and don't get disheartened with the levels you're demonstrating there, you're doing great

Reactions: Outlier