1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

5 weeks ish and don't feel pregnant Any more

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by mf, Dec 21, 2018.

1. mf

mf Type 1 · Active Member

Hey don't stress! Had a scan at 6 weeks and 12 weeks( last week). All looked good. My basal has dropped loads I'm on pump. I had a few nasty lows 1.5 1.9. So I'm testing loads. I can't wear my cgm anymore because it was suspending me during the night and i was waking up with 8, 9s.

• Like Like x 1
  2. rara77

rara77 Type 2 · Member

Congrats on the scans! I am type 2 and very insulin resistance before pregnancy with doses beforehand of 80u Tresiba at night and generally 1u Fiasp to every 2g carbs, but the last couple of days I’ve struggled to keep below 8mmol and I’m sort of freaking out . I’m trying to keep my carbs as low as possible, having had 30g today but taken 65u Fiasp!! Did your doses increase in the early weeks? I didn’t expect it to change so quickly I suppose x

3. mf

mf Type 1 · Active Member

Yes they increased at the very start even before i knew I was expecting. It will change so much through out the next 9 months!

• Like Like x 1
  4. CarlyBal84

CarlyBal84 · Member

Hi rara77 I had my first scan at 7 weeks and 5 days (although scan said 7 days as measurments are hard to get right that early) I had to ask for it due to alot of pain and feared eptopic pregnancy. All was normal and yes heartbeat was seen. I am now 15+2 and found out I have a low anterior placenta so it's a new worry. Hopefully will move.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook