50 UP, 50 TO GO.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Hi again Peter, being nosey I have just looked at your profile. It's nice to meet another bovine insulin user :) I use mine through a pump now though :)

pete whyatt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who don't have Diabetes, and don't know anyone with it, but think they know all about it.
Hi again Peter, being nosey I have just looked at your profile. It's nice to meet another bovine insulin user :) I use mine through a pump now though :)
There seems to be very few on the bovine, when I went to hospital a few years ago with a bad chest infection, the hospital had no stocks at all, and my son had to go home and get some from the fridge. The chemist has had problems occasionally getting stocks. I feel very happy on it though, how about you? I still do the daily jabs, my chemist says with modern technology, I am still at the Betamax level. Have now got the pen to learn to use, but not started yet. At 64 I wonder if the pump is an option, but I am so use to doing the injections, it would be like loseing an old friend. Thanks for replying, keep in touch.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
There seems to be very few on the bovine, when I went to hospital a few years ago with a bad chest infection, the hospital had no stocks at all, and my son had to go home and get some from the fridge. The chemist has had problems occasionally getting stocks. I feel very happy on it though, how about you? I still do the daily jabs, my chemist says with modern technology, I am still at the Betamax level. Have now got the pen to learn to use, but not started yet. At 64 I wonder if the pump is an option, but I am so use to doing the injections, it would be like loseing an old friend. Thanks for replying, keep in touch.
Hi Peter, older people than you go onto pumps.
I refused to use a pen as it would mean more injections as I used neutral and Isophane, which can be mixed in the same syringe. In my book 3 injections a day was a lot better than 5 :)

pete whyatt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who don't have Diabetes, and don't know anyone with it, but think they know all about it.
Hi Peter, older people than you go onto pumps.
I refused to use a pen as it would mean more injections as I used neutral and Isophane, which can be mixed in the same syringe. In my book 3 injections a day was a lot better than 5 :)
Hi,
Will think it over before my next nurses appointment in January, worth thinking about,
Thanks again and take care,
Peter.