6.8 a1c

brandonm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello, i was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes on 2/19/18 with an a1c of 6.8 how severe is diabetes usually at that stage? also i'll add my Dr did tell me my cholesterol was surprisingly low when i got my results

2/19/18 weight 363 lbs a1c 6.8 (age 28)
5/19/18 weight 325 lbs a1c 5.1
8/6/18 weight 290 lbs a1c 5.1
i currently weight 267 lbs next Dr visit in November

D

Deleted Account

diabetes.co.uk has a great forum.
It also has a great library of information about diabetes from the Home page.
I use the Search capability a lot ... but make sure you are at the home page, otherwise you search the forum.
For example, this page tells you about your target BG and this page tells you about hB1AC.

Dixon1995

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello there...At 6.8 theres an increased risk of health related issues due to diabetes, but it looks like you have reduced that risk by lowering it to 5.1... there are great tools on this forum which will help you keep it low

Last edited:
Reactions: kitedoc

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Superb improvement with weight and with A1c, well done. Please do not look back and worry about what was, concentrate on the now and on the future. Your age is a bonus here.
Just as FYI my A1c was almost twice that of yours on diagnosis which was less than two years ago. It fell with the aid of LCHF and Metformin and now sits in Pre Diabetic levels with no known complications and I am well over twice your age. Give yourself a pat on the back 'cos you're doing great.

By the way, unless you know the breakdown of your lipid panel wrt cholesterol etc then the Total Cholesterol number tells you nothing of significance.

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Hi and Welcome
upload_2018-10-8_18-57-5.png

HemantG

Hello there...At 6.8 theres an increased risk of health related issues due to diabetes, but it looks like you have reduced that risk by lowering it to 5.1... there are great tools on this forum which will help you lower that further.
Hello, are you sure to ask aiming at A1c to be less than 5.1? Is it practical and necessary? I thought anything less than 5.5 is non-diabetic.

Reactions: Serena51