woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
So had my results back

Cholesterol from in the 6s down to 4.5 so that is amazing. Also good proof because I’ve been eating more fat than ever.
Although I believe in LCHF it’s a leap of faith so to see it work is fab.

Hbaic. Up from 58 to 61 so not so good. Dr wasn’t fussed. She added it’s a rubbish time of year with xmas and so close to last time. However she gave me a choice of more exercise or adding another tablet. So I’ve gone with exercise.
Just need to force myself now.
To motivate myself I asked for a blood test in a month (I know the hbaic won’t be accurate because it’s 3 monthly) but dr is happy to do it as she thinks it will at least show it’s in right direction and instead of waiting 3 months and all hell breaks loose it’s going to be caught earlier. But also fir me I have to act now not in a month etc so if it works that’s great.
Plus I have feeling it’s lip service because it was my idea and it works for her even if results aren’t accurate.

I love I was given the choice and she is now talking low 50s or remission.

Also asked about fact my mouth always tastes so bland and that I’m not enjoying food.
Dr said it’s just because you want sugar. So my attempt to persuade her to let me have salad cream because I love that and not really a mayo fan fell onto a big fat nope.

She was far more receptive when I said my body doesn’t like lower numbers and the fact I said I don’t want to drive on lower numbers because I don’t feel safe etc. In the past she has just kept saying I can’t hypo. So hopefully some movement there.

So things looking a bit on the up.

Hopefully this sugar nonsense will sort itself out soon because the constant dull bland taste in my mouth, the sicky dull feeling when I eat is really starting to wear thin.

I want to enjoy my food but while I’m
Enjoying some I’m really hating others.

Edited by Mod

Last edited by a moderator:

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good result on your cholesterol, are you taking statins ? I would have expected your A1c to have dropped instead of risen , Mine dropped from 105 to 59 in 11 weeks and cholesterol dropped from 7.3 to 6.3 , I am doing lchf.
Maybe someone will have an input about why your A1c has risen instead of dropping .

Still good about about cholesterol :)

Reactions: Prem51

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
good result on your cholesterol, are you taking statins ? I would have expected your A1c to have dropped instead of risen , Mine dropped from 105 to 59 in 11 weeks and cholesterol dropped from 7.3 to 6.3 , I am doing lchf.
Maybe someone will have an input about why your A1c has risen instead of dropping .

Still good about about cholesterol :)

My first 3 months it dropped from 87 to 58.
Second 3 months is the rise. So still huge difference just a small rises

Had a few treats at xmas. Been fiddling with the diet to see what works what doesn’t.

Been ill with a cold that could have done it.

Who knows.

Bit of carb creep. Had few blips. Probably more than when I first got diagnosed.

The change in diet from diagnosis to the first drop was huge.

From then not really much change so maybe that.

Nope not on statins.

Only meds is for type 2.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So had my results back

Cholesterol from in the 6s down to 4.5 so that is amazing. Also good proof because I’ve been eating more fat than ever.
Although I believe in LCHF it’s a hell of a leap of faith so to see it work is fab.

Hbaic. Up from 58 to 61 so not so good. Dr wasn’t fussed. She added it’s a rubbish time of year with xmas and so close to last time. However she gave me a choice of more exercise or adding another tablet. So I’ve gone with exercise.
To motivate myself I asked for a blood test in a month (I know the hbaic won’t be accurate because it’s 3 monthly) but dr is happy to do it as she thinks it will at least show it’s in right direction and instead of waiting 3 months and all hell breaks loose it’s going to be caught earlier. But also fir me I have to act now not in a month etc so if it works that’s great.
Plus I have feeling it’s lip service because it was my idea and it works for her even if results aren’t accurate.

Also asked about fact my mouth always tastes so bland and that I’m not enjoying food.
Dr said it’s just because you want sugar. So my attempt to persuade her to let me have salad cream because I love that and not really a mayo fan fell onto a big fat nope.

She was far more receptive when I said my body doesn’t like lower numbers and the fact I said I don’t want to drive on lower numbers because I don’t feel safe etc. In the past she has just kept saying I can’t hypo. So hopefully some movement there.

Hopefully this sugar nonsense will sort itself out soon because the constant dull bland taste in my mouth, the sicky dull feeling when I eat is really starting to wear thin.

Your post makes interesting reading. Thanks.

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My first 3 months it dropped from 87 to 58.
Second 3 months is the rise. So still huge difference just a small rises

Had a few treats at xmas. Been fiddling with the diet to see what works what doesn’t.

Been ill with a cold that could have done it.

Who knows.

Bit of carb creep. Had few blips. Probably more than when I first got diagnosed.

The change in diet from diagnosis to the first drop was huge.

From then not really much change so maybe that.

Nope not on statins.

Only meds is for type 2.
YOu've done very well then just keep going :)

Dexterdobe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Being unwell and seeing BG levels soar
So had my results back

Although I believe in LCHF it’s a hell of a leap of faith so to see it work is fab.

I'm tempted to say its a marathon not a sprint, but I guess you know that. My advice is to use a meter and test, test, test. Test before a meal and one and then two hours after. That way you can work out the affect that each type of food has on your BG. Exercise can be a double edged sword. In my case it immediately and dramatically lowers my BG and it stays low for an hour or more after exercise. I know some find it raises BG initially and then it falls off a bit over time. We are all different, so test and you will work out what works for you and what doesn't.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done on the improvements Cana.

In terms of the still wanting sugar, some people find this is something they need to break, and do so by going a bit lower carb, and cutting those suagrs out. That doesn't mean going hungry, it just means fuelling differently, and there are plenty of opportunities to add great flavour to savoury things.

Salted nuts, a little chilly seasoning added to nuts, hard boiled egg with salt, a few drops of soy sauce, or even a few drops of Sriracha sauce. Streaky bacon strips, baby bell cheeses, mini-chipolatas, roasted chicken drummers, wings or thighs.

All those things are finger foods, and if your chicken, or cold meats are wrapped in foil, it's easy to eat straight from there, with a napkin to finish off. Baby wipes can freshen the fingers afterwards if you need to.

I reckon if you tried a couple of weeks of doing that you'd see an impact on the A1c.

The A1c "looks back" around 3 months, but is very heavily weighted to the most recent period, so a month could show results. I know of at least two GPs who now retest their newly diagnosed T2 folks after 6 weeks, because results can already be incredibly encouraging, and it tends to spur the individuals on, or inform them a bit more tweaking could be useful, if things aren't quite moving as hoped.

What sort of exercise do you plan to deploy?

Last edited:

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Well done on the improvements Cana.

In terms of the still wanting sugar, some people find this is something they need to break, and do so by going a bit lower carb, and cutting those suagrs out. That doesn't mean going hungry, it just means fuelling differently, and there are plenty of opportunities to add great flavour to savoury things.

Salted nuts, a little chilly seasoning added to nuts, hard boiled egg with salt, a few drops of soy sauce, or even a few drops of Sriracha sauce. Streaky bacon strips, baby bell cheeses, mini-chipolatas, roasted chicken drummers, wings or thighs.

All those things are finger foods, and if your chicken, or cold meats are wrapped in foil, it's easy to eat straight from there, with a napkin to finish off. Baby wipes can freshen the fingers afterwards if you need to.

I reckon if you tried a couple of weeks of doing that you'd see an impact on the A1c.

The A1c "looks bak" around 3 months, but is very heavily weighted to the most recent period, so a month could show results. I know of at least two GPs who now retest their newly diagnosed T2 folks after 6 weeks, because results can already be incredibly encouraging, and it tends to spur the individuals on, or inform them a bit more tweaking could be useful, if things aren't quite moving as hoped.

What sort of exercise do you lan to deploy?

Thanks.

Exercise: I gave davina dvds so them I think.

I used to do HIIT training online and still belong to it but not done anything for over a year. She is very good but very intense and it’s all pushing till breaking point. Not sure I’m ready for that yet.

Might try yoga and saw a local tai chi class.
Dr wants me out of breath but while I used to do a lot I haven’t done anything for while so will build it up

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Moderate paced walking sure lowers my BG levels, you could try that. I know it sounds boring.

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Moderate paced walking sure lowers my BG levels, you could try that. I know it sounds boring.

Dr says I need to get out of breath.
Walking is good but I’d have to go fast enough.
I always find my back hurts when I walk so I don’t do it enough

mariavontrapp

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I have m.e. and am generally unable to exercise, but when i can I find that just a normally paced 10 minute walk after a meal will bring my glucose down.