6 months since diagnosis.

Danny Hyslop

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It has been 6 months since my diagnosis of T2 . Plenty of things have changed in my life since then.
Yesterday, I received my first GP review, where everything seemed to be fine. I must contact the surgery tomorrow to find out my first HbA1c since being diagnosed. The thing that I am most proud of , though, in this 6 months is my weight loss. In April, I was a little over 18 stone. Yesterday, I weighed in at 14 St. 6 , with my goal to reach 13.5 stone by Febraury.

Danny Hyslop

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Danny,hi ive just joined and this post is just what i needed to read. Amazing! Keep going!! hopefully i will be where you are in 6 months time.
Hi Elaine, Good luck. One of the most powerful things that helped me was a weight loss app, where I was able to physically see my progress on weight loss. Also, the information in this group on diet, tools to monitor sugar levels, even other people's stories that inspire, helped.

Danny Hyslop

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It has been 6 months since my diagnosis of T2 . Plenty of things have changed in my life since then.
Yesterday, I received my first GP review, where everything seemed to be fine. I must contact the surgery tomorrow to find out my first HbA1c since being diagnosed. The thing that I am most proud of , though, in this 6 months is my weight loss. In April, I was a little over 18 stone. Yesterday, I weighed in at 14 St. 6 , with my goal to reach 13.5 stone by Febraury.
Just got my first 6 monthly HbAc1 results today .I've gone from 85 in April this year down to 35. I was told weight loss and diet were the key and they were correct.