780G bolus completion beep

cumbria-pumper

I’m new to this pump as of 3 days ago. I’d like to silence the beep on bolus completion while retaining other beeps (eg low insulin). I’ve looked through the menus and can’t see a way to do this, can anyone help please?

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I’m new to this pump as of 3 days ago. I’d like to silence the beep on bolus completion while retaining other beeps (eg low insulin). I’ve looked through the menus and can’t see a way to do this, can anyone help please?
As far as I am aware there are only 2 options, either have the sounds on for everything or off for everything there are no options to have certain things on/off. I personally have sounds off but vibration on, I wear my pump on my bra so can easily feel when it goes off, although if you do ignore the vibration after a certain amount of vibrations it will start to beep at you if you don't clear the notification.

cumbria-pumper

Thanks. I guessed as much. I don’t wear a bra so your solution won’t work for me

It’s a shame. It would be better as a minimum to have two settings, one for alarms and one for normal events. To me the end of s bolus is not something I need to be told about!

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
When I had an Accu-check pump I couldn't switch the beep off for the end of an extended bolus, and it drove me mad if it was in the night. However, the hospital were able to do it. No idea if there's a work around for your pump, but keep asking anywhere and everywhere you can, and you may ventually find one.

Jess1D

Can I ask how you are finding the pump? What CGM are you using with it? I am due to start in Tuesday

cumbria-pumper

I’ve got Guardian 4 - due to go Smart on Tuesday ;-) I was on OmniPod.

I hate having tubing, I like that the stuff affixed to your body is smaller (OmniPod is uncomfortable when you lie on it!), the handset software is great and the phone app lets me see BG at a glance without having to scan (much better than Libre 2).

The insertion of both sensor and cannula is also much better than OmniPod / Libre.

Dexta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

It’s a long shot, but you could try Medtronic Tech Support.