8.0 after a walk last night

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ate the same as i do normally each night tested before and after a walk which was around two hours and my sugar was 8 and that was after a walk , so what was it before ?

Woke up this morning 6.4 and been that throughout the day , it was 6.4 before my tea of brussels sprouts cabbage broccoli and minced pork with some butter on the veg, berries and double cream.
I am testing again just after 7 so see what it is then , and then going for a walk .

I can only put the high number last night down to being tired having a cold and a few family problems. How strange that these things can raise our blood sugars .

Had a better day today things are now falling into place again , had a pooryly youngest son who suffers depression and nearly got kicked off his uni course , but his tutor said he isn't and if any problems he will fight his corner, but he's back tomorrow so that's made me at ease again . Kids eh! even grown up kids you still worry about them .

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ate the same as i do normally each night tested before and after a walk which was around two hours and my sugar was 8 and that was after a walk , so what was it before ?

Woke up this morning 6.4 and been that throughout the day , it was 6.4 before my tea of brussels sprouts cabbage broccoli and minced pork with some butter on the veg, berries and double cream.
I am testing again just after 7 so see what it is then , and then going for a walk .

I can only put the high number last night down to being tired having a cold and a few family problems. How strange that these things can raise our blood sugars .

Had a better day today things are now falling into place again , had a pooryly youngest son who suffers depression and nearly got kicked off his uni course , but his tutor said he isn't and if any problems he will fight his corner, but he's back tomorrow so that's made me at ease again . Kids eh! even grown up kids you still worry about them .

ESPECIALLY grown up kids Charis! x

D

Deleted Account

There are many things that affect our BG: food (carbs and protein), alcohol, exercise, stress, illness, drugs, time of day, time of year, weather, ...
And our bodies are so fickle, sometimes it is difficult to know why it is doing what it is with our BG ... even when we repeat the same day, we can have different BG results.
For me, this means, I draw no conclusions from one unexpected BG reading. I make a mental note of what I can remember eaten BG, drinking, exercising, stressing, ... and see f the results are the same next time.

M

Member496333

Wouldn’t stress over it @Charis1213. In the past I’ve seen mine go from ~5 to ~8 just by having an argument :mad:

These days I just go full-wooosaaah :angelic:

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wouldn’t stress over it @Charis1213. In the past I’ve seen mine go from ~5 to ~8 just by having an argument :mad:

These days I just go full-wooosaaah :angelic:
Hi Jim, sorry I have just seen your reply . I have got a cold a dam cold sore on my lip so maybe this is the problem too, also my youngest son suffers depression and we've been dealing with this , but like i say he's in love again so that might help him lol .
Still last i didn't have a chance to check after my evening meal , and then 3 hours after food after a walk i was 7.4 which is too high , this morning 5.9 , I was reading another post of yours and this shows how wonderful our bodies are and unpredictable too . I would have thought a higher number before bed also would mean a high number upon waking . Strange lol

Reactions: Member496333

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
As you have a cold I really wouldn't worry. I have had a cold virus and hacking cough for just over 2 weeks. My usual blood sugars are normal non-diabetic range. They are not now. I am averaging around a 1mmol/l rise above what I normally am with no other changes in circumstances. It happens. Once your cold is gone and your body isn't concentrating on fighting it, your numbers should return to what they were previously. Thankfully, my cold is now on its way out.

Edited to add - also bear in mind that walking raises levels in some people but you see a benefit later on.

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
As you have a cold I really wouldn't worry. I have had a cold virus and hacking cough for just over 2 weeks. My usual blood sugars are normal non-diabetic range. They are not now. I am averaging around a 1mmol/l rise above what I normally am with no other changes in circumstances. It happens. Once your cold is gone and your body isn't concentrating on fighting it, your numbers should return to what they were previously. Thankfully, my cold is now on its way out.

Edited to add - also bear in mind that walking raises levels in some people but you see a benefit later on.
thanks ,glad you're on the mend i am nearly better , the cold sore came out twp days ago i hate them .

steve1972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

For some reason sprouts cause me to spike.....