9.8 Is this for real?

Happyhomelands

My glucose readings have never been higher than 8.1 (December). Since reducing carbs they have been 5 to 6. I've had a lax day and only just tested, just after eating, not ideal but I had only just found my meter. It read 9.8 but had a flashing thermometer symbol. The meter had just been brought in from the car where it was very cold. Is the reading likely to be very off? I really hope so.

dipsydo

My meter did something similar when left in a cold room (( and battery needed changing shortly after) so may be why my meter was more vulnerable ) . Might be worth letting the meter warm up, wash your hands just in case you had some contamination and then do another test if still within 90 min / 2hr after eating

Reactions: Happyhomelands

Happyhomelands

Thank you for calm advice. Looking at my menu today I may have underestimated the sugar content of my vegetables. I've only got 2 strips until shops open so I'll do one 2 hours after eating and a fasting one in the morning. Fingers crossed.

Happyhomelands

Screenshot_20180204-213727.png
I was trying to share the other source of my worrying. I log everything I eat on nutracheck. As I had a lax day I didn't do this until after my bg test. I was horrified to see the sugar content as I thought I had been choosing low carb today. Turns out onions, peppers and carrots have way more sugar than I thought. Otherwise perhaps the percentage sugar looks worse because I haven't had much else.