9 Essential Habits of Mentally Strong People.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After thinking of 4 reasons why I liked all of them I would need a drink (not water);)
CAROL

Reactions: 2 people

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
we haven't made the distinction yet between the different types of rain.

When I was growing up we were always told "of course we can go walking up that hill today, it's not wet rain". Wet rain was serious stuff indeed.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
The tests I have seen which have a question about water are usually related to types of water.So you answer the question using either oceans, waterfalls, lakes, ponds, streams and the like.
Someone who likes a crashing waterfall such as Niagra is going to have a different personality than someone who likes Lake Windermere, the Great Barrier Reef or the Pacific.
These types of tests are designed to highlight your strengths and weaknesses based on your answers.

Correctamundo :D
I have done these tests - and was AMAZED at the accuracy of them .
My strengths, character,personality were clear as a bell in the given results .

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
All you have to do now is find the test online and we can all have a go. :)

D

Deleted member 101090

Saw this article and wondered how other people think they can be mentally strong. No. 8 resonated with me as it took me a long time to get over the death of a loved one

1. They see things objectively.

2. They let go of entitlement.

3. They keep an even keel.

4. They don't aspire to be happy all the time.

5. They are realistic optimists.

6. They live in the present moment.

7. They are persistent in the pursuit of their goals.

8. They know when its time to let go.

9. They love their lives.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...itie_n_4760403.html?utm_hp_ref=healthy-living

Anything to add that could be useful?

i find the having a great job and earning a decent amount of money and living in a nice house greatly improved my mood and suddenly induces a certain mental resilience ... in all honestly diabetes only bothers me when doctors play silly buggers and essentially treat me as if i do not live inside my body and on top of that think that i need to hear their same advice which did not work in the last 20 years again and again and again ... in all seriousness,

i think my mental strength grows significantly from not having to deal with people who get on my nerves ;) (freed up mental resources and capacity)

sorry that you struggled with your loss btw

Truffle

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Someone who knows it all.
I think you are mentaly strong when you know it is time to ask for help and are happy to receive it.

Reactions: 4 people